Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Smithville Lake, W Bridge, SE Cove

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down Smithville Lake, W Bridge, SE Cove

01/12/2010 1:00pm-5:00pm

Made it into Swiss Cheese trying to find the elusive brush pile that's supposed to be there. My arms hurt from drilling!

Nothing there. But the ice was 6"+ thick. Parts of it were slushy but it was still very stable. Weather was great and it was nice being out. Just wish I would've caught something. Even a stick to let me know I was over brush would've been encouraging!

Used Purple/White, Black/Chart, Red/White and Blue/White, all on a 1/32oz jig in 20+ FOW. Fished from the bottom and slow rolled up. Even had minnows on a tip-up.

I have to conclude there are no hungry fish in that part of the lake!

Post Thanks / Like

Tough break Joe, I know your feeling, I've been 4 times, 3 different ponds and have only caught that one fish. After awhile it starts to seem like work and not fishing.
    http://www.facebook.com/quinn.noldner

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sorry u drilled up the lake

maybe you can fish those holes this summer? still getting out is better than watching soaps (her TV) all day long, and get kinda tired of playing so much hearts online........ got about everybody that plays on the internet p.o. at me so that is getting old to...... hope to find some open water this Friday on or below Truman..... even a nojoe would be fine........:D
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

I found a big brush pile up there, last winter. Spent most of a morning drilling holes around it.

Went back up there this winter and tried to find them again. No luck. It's as if someone had picked the holes up and carried them away.

Post Thanks / Like

Well in the summer time when I find a good spot, I put a X on the side of the boat so i can find it again.
    May all your live wells be full.
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by got crappie View Post
    Well in the summer time when I find a good spot, I put a X on the side of the boat so i can find it again.
    HAHA thats kinda funny
    ugliest crappie you ever seen

keeferfish is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by got crappie View Post

Good idea because I could never get the X to stick on the water; put them on the ice before but they always vanish.

I knew Dave would teach us something!!! THANKS