Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Rhodhiss...brush pile okay??

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rhodhiss...brush pile okay??

Well, I've got an email on the way to ncwrc about the legality of making brush piles in Rhodhiss. They have been slow in responding. So I'm asking some of you faithfulls who are more familiar about the Catawba river chain. Is it legal to drop bush into Rhodhiss? I'm in the early stages of preping. Have not made a commitment yet because of the legality of it. I've always just looked around for structure, but never thought of making my own. Any insight would be helpful. Thanks!!

poppop is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jamesbond22_22 View Post
    Well, I've got an email on the way to ncwrc about the legality of making brush piles in Rhodhiss. They have been slow in responding. So I'm asking some of you faithfulls who are more familiar about the Catawba river chain. Is it legal to drop bush into Rhodhiss? I'm in the early stages of preping. Have not made a commitment yet because of the legality of it. I've always just looked around for structure, but never thought of making my own. Any insight would be helpful. Thanks!!
    It would be illegal I am sure. We are doing a project on High Rock and Tuckertown now. It took me several months to get approval. I first had to get approval from the owner of the lakes. Then had to write a proposal to NC Wildlife and get it approved. Then Alcoa and NCWildlife collaberated, and finally it was approved. Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Here is info I received from a Duke contact:

"Wade Harmon, the Lake Services Rep for Rhodhiss can assist with questions on fish reefs. He can be reached at 704 382 8577."

I've worked with Wade some over the years and he's a good guy....as are most of the Duke folks I've encountered.

Good luck,
    John