Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Stucture on a string! Ice fishing. Anyone try this?

in a VAN down by the RIVER, Georgia/Alabama line
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Stucture on a string! Ice fishing. Anyone try this?

Seems like a great Idea. Just hang it and let your hole refreeze. It would stay till thaw..Here is the info. I'm not selling this. I just saw it.
    Structure on a String™ (SOS)

This auction is for one LaDredge Outdoors, Structure on a String™.

Fish seek out structure in an effort to find refuge and food. When they find it, they stick to it. In areas such as mud flats, there is seldom any weed structure. In the winter, underwater weed structure becomes sparse. Structure on a String™ gives the fishermen the advantage of having weed structure anytime, anywhere. You just fish in the vicinity of your SOS and increase your fishing success many times over.

Structure on a String™: The "SOS" is a depth adjustable structure system that includes approximately 3 feet of weighted weed structure, 40 feet of cordage, an adjustable "ice free" float, and a florescent orange storage system. The SOS is designed for ice fishing but is also used in open water.

Suspend your structure at any depth from 3' down to 40' (i.e. Jumbo Perch on the bottom, Panfish higher up where they suspend).
    The "ice free" float will keep a hole the size of the float from freezing, allowing you to pull your structure up through your ice hole without the need to chip ice away, even in extreme cold conditions.
    Creates instant structure anywhere, anytime.
    Custom designed and manufactured to replicate underwater weeds.
    Attracts bait fish which attracts the fish you want to catch.
    Easy to follow directions included.
    A perfect gift.
    Last edited by FalconSmitty; 11-22-2005 at 12:57 AM.

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb now why didn't I think of that .... ??

One thing I have thought about ... that should make for some "interesting" structure cover, is one of those "plastic" trees/plants that people decorate the rooms of their homes with ... like those fake Ficus Trees you see in malls & offices. Now, all I have to do is wait until one gets "thrown out" :p ... then anchor that puppy in some 'crete and sink it ... LOL!! ....cp

Post Thanks / Like

Default If you want to try it...

Hobby Loby and other craft supply stores are selling their Christmas garlands at a reduced price. Put a sinker on one end and drop her in. It's a cinch that artificial foliage sold at a craft store will be much cheaper than anything sold to the sports market.
    We have both plastic and"silk" plants in our aquarium and they both hold up well and provide a surface for algae to grow on.

Plants actually last longer than you might think under the ice, according to the ice articles I've read. We fish timber, so we haven't really looked for grass beds. - Roberta
    "Anglers are born honest,
    but they get over it." - Ed Zern

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta
    Hobby Loby and other craft supply stores are selling their Christmas garlands at a reduced price. Put a sinker on one end and drop her in. It's a cinch that artificial foliage sold at a craft store will be much cheaper than anything sold to the sports market.
    We have both plastic and"silk" plants in our aquarium and they both hold up well and provide a surface for algae to grow on.

Plants actually last longer than you might think under the ice, according to the ice articles I've read. We fish timber, so we haven't really looked for grass beds. - Roberta

It is good to see someone talk about ice fishing already. I can't wait for the first ice.We fish over weed beds and still pull up green during the dead of winter.

Len

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ice Fishing

Here is a good icefishing information link. www.iceshanty.com

Norm