Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: who all on here are from the greater springfield area

Post Thanks / Like

Smile who all on here are from the greater springfield area

Hey guys and gals. I live in bolivar and am wanting to see who all on here
    I live close too.

So was wondering who all lives remotely close to me that might have an extra seat in the boat. Ive already gotten a few responses on my newbie post and all you guys here seem great. Just trying to reach out and make a few new fishing buddies. (old one moved to Columbia when I moved to Bolivar so I'm lost with out one!)

If your curious just check out my post in the newbie section and it will tell you a little about myself.

Hope to hear from yall soon! Happy Fishin'!

Cory

Post Thanks / Like

I sleep in Springfield, I refuse to admit that I live here! Normally I say that I live in Buffalo, MO at the McDonalds. That is about half way between Springfield, MO and Preston, MO where I run cattle on the family farms and I would rather be living at. But then if I lived in Preston, MO I would never get any work done on the farms because, Preston is only 6 miles from Pomme de Terre, lake, 27 miles from LOZ and about 23 miles from Warsaw, MO or Truman lake.

Normal fishing hole is Pomme Terre, but I perfer fishing out of Bucksaw Marina, on Truman lake for me it is just about as close since you figure it is almost 4 lane all the way up there except for the last 10 miles to the marina. And if you have ever traveled hwy D out of Bolivar to Pittsburg, MO you will understand what I am talking about. And the quaility of the fishing is so much better on Truman.

I don't do Stockton, because I have almost been run over a couple of times fishing out of the State Park over there. I only have a 17.5 boat with only a 50 hp Mercury on it. And I can't out run some of those large aircraft carriers they call boats over there. And if it is windy it is hard to get around on Stockton, where you can find a cove on Truman or Pomme close to a boat ramp.

Post Thanks / Like

Springfield boy right here.

Post Thanks / Like

Sprangfiel boy for 37 years. Then the railroad moved me. Then they moved me again. So I'm south of Peculiar now, retired. But I fish Stockton a lot, Pomme some, The Rock some, and Fellows Lake occasionally.
    I have a rear seat in the Champion that is empty a good bit. Wife works to support me in the style to which I have become accustomed. :rolleyes:
    If it EVER warms up........................
    I'll smoke just about anything (in my smoker)
    The fishing is always great. The catching varies.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile hey guys

Nice to meet yall guys! And I can understand the wife supported activities mine let me quit the first of this year to go back to college full time. I did the same for her when we got married and she got her degree now she is returning the favor. I only have classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays so anytime yall want to fill that back seat please drop me a line. I'd be glad to go. I found this site just a few days ago and I'm so addicted.