Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mazatlan, Mexico Elsalto lake

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mazatlan, Mexico Elsalto lake

Going fishing January 18 to mexico to catch monster largemouths, has anybody been there before? They told me we would catch 40-80 fish from 8-12lbs well see how true that is. I've been off line because I forgot my password.

Post Thanks / Like

I have never been there but I have heard it was a mega bass lake. Have fun and let us know have you do.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Have not been but have seen a lot of footage and articles about it. You will have a blast. From what I have read you will be hitting it at a good time to.

Post Thanks / Like

I havent been to El Salto, but i have been to Lake Novillo, in mex, its alil out out of the way place not to many know about, but dont be taking and cheap gear down there, them bass will tear ya up, I like getting down there in feb, the crappie are spawning and the bass are hitting like crazy to, but 70 to 80 fish aday, sounds about right, we used to get out and fill the live wells with bass, , then catch up to a mex fisherman and give em out catch and go hit it again, but ya can fill your live wells with crappie at novillo, but have have hit it at wrong times and the crappie are just tough to catch, but you will have a blast, and you'll be taking breaks, the fish will wear ya out
    Dick, Tonto Basin Az

Post Thanks / Like

since they are predicting -20 below zero wind chill up here and being up to my in snow i i i sh sh sure wish i i i w w w was goin with ya

no i dont have a speach problem ! its just freakin cold!!!!!:D
    ugliest crappie you ever seen

Post Thanks / Like

Went to Comedero last year and caught alot of fish 1-3lbs.We chose this lake because of the remoteness and man was it a drive from Mazalon.Drove past salto on the way up.Salto is more accessable from the hwy. and more lodges-hype from fishin shows.Mexico has no regulation on netting(which we quickly found out)nets old-new will be everywhere in coves and you have to watch or you will get snagged.Which outfitter are you going with(40-80 fish 8-12lbs. no way)?We had a great trip!Biggest fish was 8.5lbs. and our best day was 105 between 2 people.No dought there are big bass however you have to consider all these lakes get pounded and salto has the most lodges on it.Hope you you have a great trip and catch some hogs!Looking for a report when you get back.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like an awesome trip. They were predicting a couple years ago that the next world record bass would come from one of the Mexican lakes. Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

you can contact ivan martin at martin's landing at grand lake. He is a guide and takes a bunch of guys down to mexico every year. hope this helps

Post Thanks / Like

I booked a guide out of anglers inn they said it will be prime time. Pre spawn guaranteed 3 to 4 10-12lb range. I wish they would have crappie in they're. 8 more days tell the Fiesta. I have a feeling well drink alot of tequilla!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sliles View Post
    I booked a guide out of anglers inn they said it will be prime time. Pre spawn guaranteed 3 to 4 10-12lb range. I wish they would have crappie in they're. 8 more days tell the Fiesta. I have a feeling well drink alot of tequilla!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Ahhhhh, tequilla! that takes me back to one night in phoenix:D that was the best, no worse, no scariest, no best i think, night of my life

Jerry sailor was there tooooo!!:D
    ugliest crappie you ever seen

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast