Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ice fishing ?

Post Thanks / Like

Question Ice fishing ?

I just wondered if there was any safe ice on the smaller lakes near KC ? I used to ice fish when I lived in Mi. over 19 years ago. I'd have to buy an auger and some new ice fishing equipment since I sold everything when I moved to Tn.
    I just wondered if there was enough ice fishing opportunities to make it worth it ? I have no intentions of going out unless there is good,safe ice.

Post Thanks / Like

I've been on smithville before,but I was nervous the whole time...give the Camp Branch docks a try,a lot safer...the run bubblers to keep water open...3$ for a day pass,or 25$ good till 3/31.Not a heated dock,but the baitshop is.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cook View Post
    I've been on smithville before,but I was nervous the whole time...give the Camp Branch docks a try,a lot safer...the run bubblers to keep water open...3$ for a day pass,or 25$ good till 3/31.Not a heated dock,but the baitshop is.
    I was thinking of maybe ice fishing the smaller lakes in the area rather than Smithville . Sounds like a good option to ice fishing .
    Scott

Post Thanks / Like

Most will fish the heated docks here. We don't take to cold water for bathing. Ice won't get that thick here to use an auger. Beware, It would be nice to meet you one day.

Post Thanks / Like

This part of the country lakes and ponds will freeze over but not thick enough to walk on. Thats why I'll break holes in the ice on a dock and do pretty good sometimes.
    Of course, they might be safe to walk on soon, its not going to be above 25 deg. all week.
    http://www.facebook.com/quinn.noldner

Post Thanks / Like

heard there was 6-8 inches of ice on the upper end of lakes

Post Thanks / Like

Hi TnRidge, My buddy took his son up to Northern Missouri for the 2nd youth deer hunt today, and took along his ice fishing gear. He called to say the ice was anywhere from 8 to 15 inches thick. He fished a small farm pond today and planning to fish a larger pond tomorrow. He got info on the area lakes up there, Mozingo, Harrison county lake etc. and all are safe for fishing. With the up coming weeks forecast, its only going to get thicker. He slayed some big gills today, and should do well on the crappie pond tomorrow. Hope that helps! Good luck!
    Most of my money is spent on fishing, fishing tackle and boats, the rest is wasted.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fisheyes View Post
    Hi TnRidge, My buddy took his son up to Northern Missouri for the 2nd youth deer hunt today, and took along his ice fishing gear. He called to say the ice was anywhere from 8 to 15 inches thick. He fished a small farm pond today and planning to fish a larger pond tomorrow. He got info on the area lakes up there, Mozingo, Harrison county lake etc. and all are safe for fishing. With the up coming weeks forecast, its only going to get thicker. He slayed some big gills today, and should do well on the crappie pond tomorrow. Hope that helps! Good luck!
    Thats the info I was looking for on the smaller lakes. Thanks for the report !

keeferfish is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

TnRidge, I have a small hand auger if you want to borrow it. I wouldnt mind giving Watkins Mill a shot since I've located the brush piles. PM me if you want to borrow it.

Post Thanks / Like

umm, dont know about mozingo but you wouldnt catch me on harrison county lake! it aint been froze over that long. uh nope! wouldnt do it
    ugliest crappie you ever seen

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast