Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BPS fiberglass microlite rods

Post Thanks / Like

Default BPS fiberglass microlite rods

Any one ever use them for trolling? They seem a bit flimsy. I am thinking about getting a few and I was wnting to know if any one has tried them.

Post Thanks / Like

I have two, let the grandkids use them for cork fishing. They are too flimsy for trolling, in fact the reason I don't like to fish with them is they have no backbone at all, "buggy whip" is the best way I can explain their action, but hey I got them at a garage sale with shimano reels for $8.00 ea.
    I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.....

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

STUMP HUNTER is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't use them for trolling but they are good nightstalking rods.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER ---------
    Ascend 133X 13' - MotorGuide Xi3 & Mercury 4

Post Thanks / Like

Way better rods on the market these days. Save your bucks and buy graphite rods. Lighter and stronger.
    We, the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing."

Post Thanks / Like

I will stick with the crappie wizzards then. I was hoping they would work because they are only 19.99 compared to 49.99.

Post Thanks / Like

Default I have 2 of them

use them for casting mostly. Bought them when they were on sale. Very soft action. I landed a 6lb. bass this past spring on a small shad rap using this rod. Just had to were her down. Lots for fun for bream and crappie on 4# or 6# test. Just not stiff enough for trolling if you are using any weight to speak of.

Post Thanks / Like

I bought one in the 7 foot length for throwing small cranks and swimbaits and beatle spins. I had read somewhere that fiberglass rods give better action to your cranks and swimbaits. I have not had a chance to use it for that purpose yet but I did do some float n fly fishing with it and it worked well enough. If I buy another one i will probably get a med-light or light rather than the ultralight. The ultralight is very flimsy, I did have some dificulty getting a good hookset when fishing with the float.
    I got 350 heads on a 305 engine.
    I get 6 miles to the gallon.
    I aint got no good intentions.

Post Thanks / Like

I am thinking about using them for long line trolling.

Post Thanks / Like

I have 6 different micro light rods for 5'6" to 7' all with different actions. I use two 7' ML most of the time for general fishing. These rods have plenty of backbone and are not flimsy at all, just depends on the action you get. These are great rods, and I fish all the time and have put these rods through the ringer and have had no problems going on 3 years now. I think you guys may be referring to the Micro light glass rods, they are the yellow rods, and are very flimsy. I would recommend the Micro light series to anybody I knew. I don't think they would make a good trolling rod, but who knows? Go to BPS and get one in your hand, and see what you think.
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gamblinman View Post
    Way better rods on the market these days. Save your bucks and buy graphite rods. Lighter and stronger.
    All the Micro lights I own are graphite rods!
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast