Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cold water immersion!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cold water immersion!

How many people here wear a PFD when fishing over cold water?

Watch this vid, it could save your life!

YouTube - Cold Water Boot Camp

Post Thanks / Like

I know I Should but, I don't. If I was fishing a lake I never fished before I probably would.
    I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin' and hook up with them later.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PIGINTHEPIGPEN View Post
    I know I Should but, I don't. If I was fishing a lake I never fished before I probably would.
    Did you watch the vid?

Do you not wear one because you think you're a good swimmer?

Do you ever fish alone?

Do you remember the last words of the vid if you did watch it?

Post Thanks / Like

Great Video. Thanks For The Link. I Always Say I Am Going To Wear My Life Jacket But I Dont Always Do It. I Even Have The Inflatable Kind In The Boat As Well As The Regular Ones. I Am Going To Make An Effort To Start Wearing Mine Every Time I Am In The Boat. Thanks Again For The Link

Post Thanks / Like

I was on the water today and the surface temp here in central 'Bama was 45*F... and yes, I wore my PFD!

I'm not trying to be a butthole about this, but if you can't wear your PFD for yourself.. wear it for your loved ones!... just think of the hardship and sorrow you untimely but very preventable demise would bring them!

Dr. Griesbecht is an amazing man... crazy, but amazing!

Here's a couple more of his vids:

YouTube - Survival in the Ice - Part 1

YouTube - Survival in the Ice - Part 3

Just remember, water doesn't have to be frozen over to kill you!!!

Post Thanks / Like

great video, thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GCD View Post
    Did you watch the vid?

Do you not wear one because you think you're a good swimmer?

Do you ever fish alone?

Do you remember the last words of the vid if you did watch it?
    I watched about 7 min of the video..Thanks for the link.Yes, I'm a good swimmer but, that's not the reason I don't wear one. Yes, I fish alone about 85% of the time. No, I did not hear the last words in the video. I have 4 girls ranging in age from 3 to 13 years old. They are the world to me. I have no doubt wearing a pfd is the Right thing to do. I was trying to be honest when I answered your question. I often fish in water that is in the upper 30s. I know it can save my life. I have been fishing my whole life without one. Yes, I do have one in the boat. It's just one of those things that even though I know I'm making a poor decision. I feel comfortable on waters that I'm very familiar with. I know it does make it right. I'm not trying to argue with you because, I know you are right. It's just a choice I make every time I get into my boat. The video did make me think about why I don't wear one. I think about it almost every time I go fishing. Maybe someday I will just decide to start wearing it.
    I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin' and hook up with them later.

Post Thanks / Like

I watched about 7 min of the video..Thanks for the link.Yes, I'm a good swimmer but, that's not the reason I don't wear one. Yes, I fish alone about 85% of the time. No, I did not hear the last words in the video. I have 4 girls ranging in age from 3 to 13 years old. They are the world to me. I have no doubt wearing a pfd is the Right thing to do. I was trying to be honest when I answered your question. I often fish in water that is in the upper 30s. I know it can save my life. I have been fishing my whole life without one. Yes, I do have one in the boat. It's just one of those things that even though I know I'm making a poor decision. I feel comfortable on waters that I'm very familiar with. I know it does make it right. I'm not trying to argue with you because, I know you are right. It's just a choice I make every time I get into my boat. The video did make me think about why I don't wear one. I think about it almost every time I go fishing. Maybe someday I will just decide to start wearing it.
    Maybe when you get old and cantankerous like me eh?!

Think about your little girls the next time you launch your boat Bubba!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Gcd

I almost Always think about my girls when I'm fishing. Mostly because I feel guilty, that I should be spending the day with them instead of chasing crappie all over the place.

Post Thanks / Like

I almost Always think about my girls when I'm fishing. Mostly because I feel guilty, that I should be spending the day with them instead of chasing crappie all over the place.
    Think about what it would be like for them to not have a Daddy to bring them home fresh caught crappie for their supper...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast