PDA

View Full Version : Duroboat ?

Cane Pole
12-25-2009, 07:32 PM
Anyone familiar with this boat? They are relocating their operations to Tennessee, across town from where I stays.

Duroboat - The World's Finest Aluminum Fishing Boats (http://www.duroboat.com/)

lhumphre
12-25-2009, 11:15 PM
I hope the welds on their boats is better than their spelling on the website, "The Worlds Finest Aluminium Fishing Boats"

crappie cowboy
12-25-2009, 11:41 PM
Man that is a ugly boat, and they are very proud of it also with the price.

crappie cowboy

GCD
12-26-2009, 06:06 AM
With 16' being their biggest boat, they're too small for me.

luvin.fishin
12-26-2009, 08:36 AM
"World's Finest" huh? I'll stay with my longer fiberglass boat. :rolleyes:

beagle man
12-26-2009, 10:08 AM
looks like a good way to get an obiuary written

Cane Pole
12-26-2009, 10:22 AM
looks like a good way to get an obiuary written

:D:D

Well, I hope they show up and make the boats and sell a lot of them. We have over 20% unemployment in our area. Job market is getting worse here instead of better. I ain't looking for a job. Nobody wants me.:o

"G"
12-26-2009, 10:27 AM
Well.....I want my aluminum boats welded not glued together....but thats just me. I think I will stick with my G3. :)

oldwun
12-26-2009, 11:08 AM
I do not know anything about that boat. I do hope it adds some jobs to Cane Poles neighbors. Jobs are scarce here in our area. I am retired but my sons and grandsons need to keep thier jobs.

jafacman
12-26-2009, 12:02 PM
I have a life long career in lite metals and the seam diagram that they use is much stronger than any riveted or welded seam that i have ever seen. Come on now, any one with common sense can see that the pressure of the water against the hull will futher lock the sheet metal into the seam creating a very,very strong and water tight joint that can flex with out binding.:cool:

Welds will in fact weaken the temperment of all sheet metal causing eventual failure due to flexing. We all have seen this occur.:(

I think its a well built product. These are my favorite shots of the hull.:D

wwwUncle
12-26-2009, 03:06 PM
I hope the welds on their boats is better than their spelling on the website, "The Worlds Finest Aluminium Fishing Boats"

My dictionaries state aluminium is acceptable- a British spelling. I think you also find that spelling on element charts. Aluminum is just the more common spelling here. I do see that my spell checker (as I type this) does not like it.

Eager Beaver
12-26-2009, 10:47 PM

Watch out guys spelling police is lurking around again. EB

ShilohRed
12-26-2009, 11:03 PM
I have a life long career in lite metals and the seam diagram that they use is much stronger than any riveted or welded seam that i have ever seen. Come on now, any one with common sense can see that the pressure of the water against the hull will futher lock the sheet metal into the seam creating a very,very strong and water tight joint that can flex with out binding.:cool:

Welds will in fact weaken the temperment of all sheet metal causing eventual failure due to flexing. We all have seen this occur.:(

I think its a well built product. These are my favorite shots of the hull.:D

I'm with you there. And may have to look at that 10ft model. May be the ticket to fishing back waters and trees at Sardis. Also ride good.:D
Tom let me know when they are set up. May have to come up and visit and look over how there made and look into getting one in about a year.
Pete

gabulldog
12-27-2009, 12:24 AM
as a boat it dont look bad its just bare bones most of us want to see decks and so on
being small too kinda hurts it for most of us as well

jafacman
12-27-2009, 12:15 PM
Being bare is just a base, heres some that are customized from the pics library...maybe an 18 ft will be in the planning when the relocation is complete.

Cane Pole
12-27-2009, 01:32 PM

:eek::eek:

Duroboat - The World's Finest Aluminum Fishing Boats (http://www.duroboat.com/experience/other.php)

Gadget Man
12-27-2009, 10:05 PM
Good luck to your local economy. I hope the move is mutually beneficial to the company and locals...

lhumphre
12-27-2009, 10:23 PM
Learn something new everyday!

:eek::eek:

Duroboat - The World's Finest Aluminum Fishing Boats (http://www.duroboat.com/experience/other.php)

Cane Pole
12-28-2009, 12:38 PM
Learn something new everyday!

Me too.:cool:

skeetbum
12-28-2009, 01:47 PM
:D:D

Well, I hope they show up and make the boats and sell a lot of them. We have over 20% unemployment in our area. Job market is getting worse here instead of better. I ain't looking for a job. Nobody wants me.:o

wouldn't say nobody, CP. You'll always have a place here with us. Don't pay squat;) and you might be considered a bit crazier than you really are:eek:, but we like ya:D.