Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When To Go?

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default When To Go?

It came to me today to ask all my learned colleages (sp) their opinion on the best time to fish. I already know the smart guy time to fish, so I only want valid answers. Buzz kill, aint I. I like to slide the boat off and be idling towards my first spot before the sun. To me it's a magic time of day, everything starting anew. I've done this for years. I'm usually up anyway:p, no crowds(mostly), wind is usually laid down til 9 or so:D, and I finish early and still get to visit the wife some. Travelling as much as I do that's a plus.
    So if you had all day with good conditions and could pick the time of day you prefer to fish, when would you go and why. I'm looking forward to the responses. Thanx........Tim.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

I like to be on the water before sunup, much the same reasons as you. Best part of the day and the fish usually bite pretty good too.

Post Thanks / Like

I like the early morning, but I like to go out in the evening too, and fish until after dark. If I'm on a trip, I usually hit the water before daylight and then come in for lunch around 1 or 2 (depending on the fish) and try to get a nap in before I hit the water again for the late shift.

Post Thanks / Like

Morning for me.....

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I'm usually up by 6 but seldom get to the lake befor 9. This time of year I want it to warm up some befor I get out. As I get older I find it easier to catch a cold and more difficult to loose it. In my younger days my thought was "the early bird gets the worm" but now days I don't think that's so. There is something special about being out there at the crack of dawn but I save that feeling for the warmer months.

Post Thanks / Like

i like to start when the sun comes up......and keep fishing till the sun goes down....:D....cold weather, hot weather, sunny, rainy, anytime is a good time to be on the water....Merry Christmas and God bless every one!!!

-ROMANS 10:9- PHILIPPIANS 4:13

STUMP HUNTER is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Guess I'm different, I like to get on the lake a little before dark. Watch the sun set and hear to the night come alive. I love to see the lake calm down and the light shine over the glass top of the lake. I like the feeling of when a rod bends and I set the hook on a big crappie and I can almost hear my heart beat! Yes, for me it's the night
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER ---------
    Ascend 133X 13' - MotorGuide Xi3 & Mercury 4

Post Thanks / Like

Sunrise for me!
    Carl's Guide Service
    Sardis Lake
    Enid Lake
    Grenada Lake
    901-734-7536

Post Thanks / Like

This time of year, I like for it to warm up some before I get on the water... usually 10 am 'til dark. There's not that many folks on the water right now and somedays you can have the whole lake to yourself!

In the warmer months, early morning or late night is best. I don't really care to fish when there's a lot of boat traffic on the water... but I will.

Post Thanks / Like

I like the early morning as well... but do u guys that get in before sunup is the catching any better that early.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast