Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Truman 12/17 still icy

Post Thanks / Like

Default Truman 12/17 still icy

Met up with Ranger this am and had to break a trail again, this ice is starting to get in the way of our production..... bite sure slowed down a lot since last weekend...... Bob and Kaz showed up a little later and we shared a spot and glad we did, ranger was wanting a mess for all his trouble of pulling down and breaking ice, we finally wore out and had 14 and Bob and Kaz had given us 11 so ended up 25 nice eaters...... I have got to try and talk Kaz out of wanting to go there again in the am... I kinda want to try a new place, so will talk my head off..... I do think we had the best area for as slow as it was, one other boat with 3 in it had been there since daylight and had 11, so we feel we done alright for the slow down...... caught them from 2' to 14' down in 10-18' fow..... tried about every color in the book, guess we could have used dynamite or something else today....... still a good time visiting with cdc guys right around us...... gotta go call Kaz and talk him out of another trip there..... livewell pic is all u get today, water to cold........
    Last edited by olesilverside; 04-27-2010 at 01:01 PM.
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

Don't know about Clinton, but they are calling for snow here in KC. If you get out, be careful!

Post Thanks / Like

ya'll boys did well I would say, I cant believe it's icing already. stockton was clear as a bell, funny what 125 miles makes on weather, looks like arkansas fishing trip in my near future. congrats on the good days guys

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info, have been thinking about going this weekend, guess I'll wait and see what happens with the weather

Post Thanks / Like

Boy, that ice sure looks pretty thick. Glad you fella's got out and found some.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, rather to skid in sideways, body used up and totally worn out screaming 'WOO~HOO what a ride!'

Post Thanks / Like

Nice job guys! That stuff looks pretty thick and cold!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Looks pretty

icey to me. Livewell pic looks good also. Glad you all got out today. Worked all day Dark til Dark. Ya all have fun & good luck fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

Good time even though we broke a little ice. Good fishing with OSS,Kaz and Bwillaub, think everyone had a good one liner or two today. Thanks again for the fish made the day worth wild.
    2014 Crappie Masters Mark Twain Champion
    2 time CDC Truman Lake series points champion

Post Thanks / Like

Was my pleasure, Lenny. We had a great time even if the fish weren't doing their part. I had a few laughs, caught a few fish, and was among some good company. Can't ask for a whole lot more than that. Steve and I appreciated you and Monty sharing your brushpile with us.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I cant believe all the ice up there. Its amazing how much of a difference a few miles make in temp.

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast