Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: can you side pull with Hi Teck?

Post Thanks / Like

Default can you side pull with Hi Teck?

Scott can you side pull with your style holders or do you need something like driftmasters. Also, if long lining out of the back of the boat using hi teck holders, do you ever lose any rods as there's not much holding them in place.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey sac
    I know of two guys that sidepull with them. Havent heard of any lost rods yet. PM Scott or Brad Whitehead on this board.
    2018 Triton 18TX 115 ProXS 4 Stroke
    4-HDS 9 Touch
    ACC CRAPPIE STIX

Post Thanks / Like

I sidepull with mine, occasionally.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes you can definately side pull with High Tech brand rod holders. I have a friend that has only High Tech all around his boat. He has even trolled straight out thet back of the boat with these holders and had no problem at all.

Post Thanks / Like

I pull crankbaits out of the front and back and and have not lost a rod yet. The main thing to keep in mind is that you do not want to get the rod tip alot lower than the reel when pulling with long line. The only reel way the holder will come out is if the rod tip is picked up considerably (this will be the case with any rod holder that the reel deos not sit between the front and back supports). Never did much side pullin but I think Brad Whitehead uses them this way.
    Scott Echols
    Hi-Tek Stuff
    Crazy Angler Tackle

Post Thanks / Like

I have long lined and pulled crankbaits with mine. They're good holders. You won't be disappointed.

Post Thanks / Like

I pull crank baits with mine and I have not had a problem either.

WALLY MARSHALL PRO STAFF
    CATCHIN' CRAPPIE GUIDE SERVICE
    CREEKS ROD TRANSPORT RACK
    870-307-2572

Post Thanks / Like

I pull crankbaits with mine often and have never lost a rod however sometimes they will stand straight up if your don't have them set just right. Thats usually a good indicator that is a big Gar. They work best if you can point them very slightly to the rear. Maybe one day we can talk Scott into making some deeper side bends in the loop to give them more side support. Even so they are the best rod holders out there, nothing better on the market. Here is a picture from three boats ago. (Glad that Xpress is gone!) I just turn 'em sideways to pull. Don Stamper

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=percher;964387]I pull crankbaits with mine often and have never lost a rod however sometimes they will stand straight up if your don't have them set just right. Thats usually a good indicator that is a big Gar. They work best if you can point them very slightly to the rear. Maybe one day we can talk Scott into making some deeper side bends in the loop to give them more side support. Even so they are the best rod holders out there, nothing better on the market. Here is a picture from three boats ago. (Glad that Xpress is gone!) I just turn 'em sideways to pull. Don Stamper

Started bending the loops on the rear of the holder at more of 90 degree bend to help eliminate some of the rolling Also using a v-shape block on the front now.
    Scott Echols
    Hi-Tek Stuff
    Crazy Angler Tackle

Post Thanks / Like

I pull out back and front and never lost a rod like scott said keep tip up and I dont see how it can pull out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast