Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hardwater coming.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hardwater coming.

Well with all this cold the Hardwater crappie fishing is about to begin. Just purchased a portable shelter. Heard there were a few on some of the Iowa Great Lakes, 2-3 inches of ice. Maybe a week or two for me. Been 25 years since I hit the hardwater, looking forward to it. Anyone else ready?

Post Thanks / Like

Money is a little tight but I bought a ground blind at Farm and Fleet for 25 and gonna try it for a wind break. I thought my brother was crazy for ice fishing but I caught the fever last year.
    HOOKED-FISHING.COM CDC PROUD SPONSOR
    B'n'M Pro Staff
    Bobby Garland Crappie Baits Pro Staff
    Outdoor Writer

Post Thanks / Like

i feel like a trendsetter now ...lol , now to get you and luke to take a polar plunge like i did last year at heritage

Post Thanks / Like

I got out on the Mississippi River back waters ( Bussey )Sat. morning and on local lake and Cedar River back water today.Some crappies,large mouth bass, gills, perch and pikes on sat. and just a mess of small crappies today.
    :D Give a man a crappie you feed him for a day...teach a man to fish for crappie and get rid of him for the weekend!!!

TeamAdcraft is offline Trophy King II * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Ponds around Sioux City area are 7" thick... Hit a nice patch of gills. about 30 in a 2 hour period .. Nothing special but for a first day out, it was nice to get the Pole to "DIP" a dew times
    2X In-Fisherman Magazine Regional Crappie Anglers of the Year
    Official Provider of the Crappie.com State Decals

GO RAZORBACKS!!

Post Thanks / Like

Great reports lebruce and team adcraft.
    I hope to hit a local pond this weekend for my first trip. Deer hunting has been taking my time. If not, the week of New Years I will hit it hard.

TeamAdcraft is offline Trophy King II * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Just purchased a Eskimo quick 6 Ice Hut.....
    I am amazed on something this big that sets up so easy.
    Took me 30 seconds to set it up right out of the box..

Love this thing...:p
    2X In-Fisherman Magazine Regional Crappie Anglers of the Year
    Official Provider of the Crappie.com State Decals

GO RAZORBACKS!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hardwater

The winter crappie bite will get going here in Mississippi in Jan. Right now we have high water in our big crappie lakes, and the crappie are scattered.

Sardis Lake has been the best so far this year, and should be much better in Jan. Yall come on down and get some dixie slabs.

If you need a guide John Woods is the best we have here. John is a 3 time National Champion, and just won his 3rd National Title in Oct.

www.johnwoodsguideservice.com

Good Fishing to yall.....crappie cowboy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappie cowboy View Post
    The winter crappie bite will get going here in Mississippi in Jan. Right now we have high water in our big crappie lakes, and the crappie are scattered.

Sardis Lake has been the best so far this year, and should be much better in Jan. Yall come on down and get some dixie slabs.

If you need a guide John Woods is the best we have here. John is a 3 time National Champion, and just won his 3rd National Title in Oct.

www.johnwoodsguideservice.com

Good Fishing to yall.....crappie cowboy
    I'd love to fish Grenada again and catch some of those HUGE slabs again. I'll make it down there again some time. I thought the lake was a fairly easy one to figure out when I got there. It reminded me of one of my local lakes up here but on a way larger scale ( about 6+ X ).I envy you Guy's down there with such great crappie waters.
    :D Give a man a crappie you feed him for a day...teach a man to fish for crappie and get rid of him for the weekend!!!

Post Thanks / Like

HOLY CRAP YOU GUYS ARE DIE HARDS!
    luckily I catch enuf in the summer to put in the freezer to get me thru winter, wow i love to hunt in fall and winter, but ice fishin? I admire you for the strength and courage to do it, my hats off to ya
    ugliest crappie you ever seen

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast