Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: who's going to oologah this wkend.

Post Thanks / Like

Default who's going to oologah this wkend.

im going to try to be out there this sat and sun. just wondering if anybody else is heading out there.

red...

Post Thanks / Like

Red I am sure gonna do my best I fished Ft Gibson yesterday and tho I didnt catch many they appeared to be the biggest I caught all year there nearly 2 lbs where ya gonna put in up there this weekend? I almost always put in at Hawthorn cause I can get minnys at tococca mart

Post Thanks / Like

i used that same ramp (hawthron). unless the wind coming out of the north real strong, then i used that ramp behind the island near the marina.

what kinda boat will you been in? if i see you i will come by and introduce myself and say hi.

red...

Post Thanks / Like

I have a red ranger 520 with yamaha on it come on by

Post Thanks / Like

not sure if I am going or not. I just started a good size job this week and will probably work the weekend. I may not be able to go for a week or two. I did go out for a couple of hours Weds afternoon after waiting for a trim package to show up, only to find out it was not coming till thursday morning. I was able to at least get my equipment set up and layout for the shelving.

Give us a report guys. It was wind from hell when I went out. I couldn't fish regular haunts in Talala Creek and did some searching in deeper waters. I came away with two Mississppi Whites and one Crappie. I can't find any structure in water over 20' deep in the Talala Creek area. Looks as if I am going to have to create it myself over time.
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry

Post Thanks / Like

well just got done cleaning 37 crappie. most of my crappie was between 11-12 inches and the biggest 13 1/2 inches. i was able to limit out apox 1 pm. the bite was slow for me at first around the island (community hole). so i ran across the lake on the (west side) to fish the brush piles that wind hitting on, boy did it pay off. i couldnt really point the there depth today around the brush, i belive the crappie are bouncing back between shallow and deep structure. i would catch a few 15ft, then 20ft then 27ft plus. i my crappie came off minnows, the water temp 60.5 degress and the wind was around 15mph with gust around 20-25mph. im telling you the wind was howling today.

big G... where you out there today? and how did you do? im head out there tororw again. first i have to stop a get more bait from tacomart. im plainning to be out there apox 7 am. out of ramp near the dam.

red....

Post Thanks / Like

too windy for my boat, I dont know where enough brush is near the damn area to be worth a darn. GL tommorrow
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry

Post Thanks / Like

today was little better, because the windy wasnt blowing as bad yesterday. all my fish came in depth of 20 plus. the crappie bite was little slow, but not to bad. i think the crappie are starting their winter move to deeper water pattern. i limit out of crappie again, avg. crappie went about 11-12inch. one thing that i notice past 2 days was the bit stop around noon.

let me know how you guys did and when they stop biting for you?

red...
    Last edited by red...; 11-06-2005 at 03:29 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Red I didnt make it up till almost 2 oclock but we did manage to catch a dozen or so decent fish I think you are right about the bite I normally have no trouble catching them but it was a rather slow bite there was another boat came in near me and fished some pretty good stuff and didnt catch a thing I went over after they left and caught a couple there one other thing I didnt graph as many fish as I did a couple weeks ago they may be shifting patterns a little did you try 5-6 feet deep??? We wont have many days like today with no wind at all up there I will be fishing Gibson in the next few days to try to find a few fish for the tournament there this coming weekend will post on it little later

Post Thanks / Like

big G. i believe i saw on my way out. do you drive a newer model white chey ext-cab, you were pulling your red ranger w/yamaha 225 or 200 hp on a tandem axle trailer.

i didnt try that shallow water, i believe most of big crappie stay near 10-12ft when they move in for shallower water. just my IMO.

red..
    Last edited by red...; 11-06-2005 at 07:33 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast