Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Smithville 11/14

Post Thanks / Like

Default Smithville 11/14

I didn't get around to posting my fishing report for this past week, so decided today is about as good as any. I only fished Saturday. Sunday the rain started up and by the looks of it today, doesn't seem to want to let up anytime soon.

On to the one day report...

I stared at 9:00 am and put out at Camp Branch. The witner dock fishing was pretty heavy. There were a buch of guys hitting the crappie. Last week I saw a lot of boat traffing around the marina. So as I was motoring out I turned on the fish finder to see what hubbub was all about. After trolling about half way out I saw what drew the anglers in; there were large schools of fish. Not only were the schools large, but the bait balls were big too. I threw a line out and right off started catching crappie. The fish were anywhere from 6 to 20'. Caught my fill of them, but they were all small. I did see Cook at the end of one of those boat slips. He was hooking them pretty good, but said they were small too.

I next tried the main lake brush piles by Crow's Creek campground. The wind was real tough and the bite was on and off. Only caught dinks. I hung around only for about 20 minutes before I decidded to find a nice quite cove to get some help from the wind.

The final spot of the day was Shady Hollow Cove. This is the cove just north of Sailboat Cove. There were about 4 or 5 boats parked in the trees. I met up with one guy to get a report. He wasn't doing so hot and only caught a few all morning long. I hit the trees on the south end at the mouth and only caught a few. I then went to the north end and started laying into them pretty good. The fish I was catching weren't keepers size, but they were a lot of them. I was in about 20' of water and they were hitting 6' down. I finished the day out with only one black keeper.

Cook, I made it over to the handicap boat dock to see what kind of cover it had. Looks like there isn't anything close to the dock exept underwater vegitation. Most of the grass is just south of the dock. It's real shallow toward the boat ramps and goes real deep as it goes across the cove. I did see a couple of good sized bait balls right in the middle of the cove. Next year when they put of the Christmas tree piles, you should ask them to throw a few around the docks.

Anyway, took today off to go fishing and ended up doing house work. Not a good way to spend the day off. If anyone has been out I'd like to hear how you guys are doing. Post a report.
    Last edited by APKape; 11-16-2009 at 06:31 PM.
    Alex (KC Area, Smithville Lake)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Raining yesterday here on Truman

so I cooked up fish I kept Friday....... raining today also so finished eating the fish I cooked yesterday..... no report on my end from Truman, gotta be drier days ahead..... thanks you for your report..... sorry mine sucks.....:D
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by olesilverside View Post
    so I cooked up fish I kept Friday....... raining today also so finished eating the fish I cooked yesterday..... no report on my end from Truman, gotta be drier days ahead..... thanks you for your report..... sorry mine sucks.....:D
    How's the bite been down your way the past week? It's been on and off here in KC.
    Alex (KC Area, Smithville Lake)

Post Thanks / Like

Bite has been slowing down over the past week on Truman. Still catching some good ones but no large numbers of fish as before. More stable water and weather will help a lot.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.