Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Table Rock

Post Thanks / Like

Default Table Rock

We are considering relocating from Arizona to Missouri (Springfield or Nixa area).
    I was wondering how the fishing is around the Table Rock area. I see lots of reports for Truman area but very little in the Table Rock area. Is the fishing that much better at Truman?

Information greatly appreciated.

<--------XXX

Post Thanks / Like

welcome to CDC and if you make the move welcome to Missouri,,from what i hear from the people on here that live down that way t/rock has been slow but that doesn't mean it will stay that way,,,if u locate in the spf/nixa area there some great lakes with in a 1.5 to 2 hr drive...T/Rock,,,Bull Shoals,,,Stockton,,pomme,Truman,Lake Ozark are all good,again there are several members on here that fish those area's
    good luck
    IT'S 5--O-CLOCK SOMEWHERE,,,MIKE-p

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

First, welcome to CDC from Marshall MO.
    I haven't fished Table rock, but it would be safe to say that Truman fishing for crappie is better than any lake in MO. Either way, moving to MO your gonna have a 1000 places to fish for crappie.
    http://www.facebook.com/quinn.noldner

Post Thanks / Like

I live 30 miles from table rock lake, it has been slow for crappie last 2 years, high water and all, table rock is so big there is crappie fishing in places I have never seen, east side of lake, Branson area, good, Kimberling city ants creek good, white river 10miles below beaver dam good, cape fair ares, James River/ Flat Creek area good to poor, get a good map and study, get in the area give me a call, I fish stockton mostly, and getting ready to try table rock again so keep in touch and bring me a rock from arizona

Post Thanks / Like

Default The Black

Hole is what a lot of people call Table Rock or just The Rock. It is a very big lake but when its good is the best in this area.
    We live in Nixa which is about 30 minutes to Table Rock & we have'nt been down there in 2 years. Truman is our choice for crappie fishing. Stockton is a good lake to winter fish as long as its not windy. If I could I would live up around Clinton or Warsaw.
    Welcome to the board & look forward to meeting you sometime.

Post Thanks / Like

welcome from,al
    The fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad

Post Thanks / Like

If you like bass fishing its a great lake but for crappie it has been slow. I live over looking table rock and like to fish Stockton and Truman for crappie. The crappie I do find on Table Rock are of a good size but its hard to get a limit. The last couple of years we been getting a lot of rain and the crappie are hard to find and catch. If I had my choice I would live closer to Stockton and Truman for the crappie fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

Springfield / Nixa is as close to upper Bull Shoals as Table Rock. It gives you a different look and produces crappie at times that Table Rock doesn't and vice versa. I'd generalize it this way. If you like to fish in the October to early May time period then would say you can have some success on Table Rock or Bull Shoals as well as Stockton, Pomme, and Lake Ozark. If hot weather, May thru September is your pick, then Truman, Lake Ozark, and Stockton on average get higher marks. If you're ok to trailer 1 - 1/2 hours in different directions Springfield is hard to beat given the choice of launch points and larger number of species available.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you are getting all the help you need! Welcome to the board
    Crappie.......its whats for dinner!!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome~!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast