Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Slow Trolling Bandit 300 Series

azslabber is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Slow Trolling Bandit 300 Series

How many of you have tried slow trolling the Bandit 300 Series crankbait?
    "Garden Hackler"lol

Post Thanks / Like

This was my first year to try it. I absolutely love this method. I watch my graphs and mark brush piles so I can return with tight lines or minners. Plus I learn so much about the structure in unknown lakes. I ain't the pro in Arkansas. I think CreekSlick can claim that honor. Check the Mississippi board too.
    DP
    I am a heterosexual male. 2 Chronicles 7:14
    "If my people who are called by My name will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from Heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land."

Post Thanks / Like

I love them.I just started about 2 months ago,and get bigger crappie with them.Then,as you said mark the places and come back later.I started with 8 lb. test,but went to 6 and the cranks go a little deeper.Have'nt lost any of them yet.lol.
    "Garden Hackler"lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azslabber View Post
    I love them.I just started about 2 months ago,and get bigger crappie with them.Then,as you said mark the places and come back later.I started with 8 lb. test,but went to 6 and the cranks go a little deeper.Have'nt lost any of them yet.lol.
    I went from 6lbs to 12lbs line. I did lose some. Wife don't understand $10 worth of lures lost once a week.
    DP
    I am a heterosexual male. 2 Chronicles 7:14
    "If my people who are called by My name will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from Heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land."

Post Thanks / Like

Here in Arizona all the lakes are pretty deep.Water sheds.Easy 200 foot deep.Lots of flooded brush the last couple of years,but the channels are all still the hotspots this time of year.
    "Garden Hackler"lol

Post Thanks / Like

Try tieing a 1/4 oz. jig about 3' above the the Bandit.I usually use chartruese with a chartruese 2" grub.Caught a lot on the jig,and it takes your crankbait down a little deeper.
    "Garden Hackler"lol

Post Thanks / Like

love trolling bandits, my favorite by far. i use 10lb power pro braid and have lost one all year. i think the braid is the way to go for pulling em. if i need a little more depth out of em i will putt a small worm type sinker about a foot above it with a barrel swivel behind it to stop it from running back to the lure. AZSLABBER i will for sure try your method. have also removed the back trebel hook and ran a tube jig on to the shaft and put it back on the crank, it wiggles real nice back and forth.

-ROMANS 10:9- PHILIPPIANS 4:13

Post Thanks / Like

I have been using them and loving them.I needed it to go deeper,hense the 1/4 oz. jig.I have only had one double so far.I might just change to an 1/8th.Good luck.Yes,I am going back to 8lb. test.
    "Garden Hackler"lol