Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: European mount EastKY style

Post Thanks / Like

Default European mount EastKY style

I killed this buck last year and he wasn't big enuf for the wall. The one I killed the year before was my first mount and a hoss of a deer. This was a decent deer and hated to waste the rack and skull by just stashing it away or cutting it from skull.I looked at some european mounts on the web and kind of took some ideas and had a friend help with the engraving. Here is the final result. In all honesty I probably wont ever mount another buck unless he is around the 120inch+ range cuz of money and space. I shoot does to eat anyways. But this is a cool way to show off a decent rack as well as a shed or skull you might wonder across. The wood is american cedar. Was actually a pretty simple and somewhat easy for the first attempt ever at it. I was happy with how it turned out. Here is a pic or two. See what you guys that have seen some european mounts think.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Post Thanks / Like

ekySlabber
    Thats a nice mount. Ive been hunting deer for 35 years and have only had 1 deer head mount done. The cost of a mount buys me a new toy. To be honest, I stash the racks in my garage and keep the house clear.

Post Thanks / Like

I like what you have done there, I have a few that I've done myself, but that cedar board really looks good! What method did u use to remove the tissue and cartilage from the skull?

Post Thanks / Like

Nice looking display, good job.

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks good. Would like doing one like that but sounds like ALOT of trouble.:o
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

looks good
    The fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad

Post Thanks / Like

Im not the best craftsman in the world but it wasn't too bad for the first time. I got the cartilage off the bone by burying it out back in my greens garden for a year.The stand is simple, and you can do one without the engraving, I got buddy with a laser that does that tho. Youd be suprised, taking care of skull is most important part. If you bury the skull and leave rack above ground watch out for squirrels, theyll saw it down..