Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Reverse Culling

Post Thanks / Like

Default Reverse Culling

Okay I know culling Crappie is illeagle, but so is driving over 55 in a 55 zone, so we have all probably done it...... I am trying to convince some of the fellers I fish with that once we hit the limit, keep a nice 10"er and throw back a big one..... this is why I pack that little kodak 7.2 camera.... I had the fun of catching that slab, and now I am releasing it so someone else may catch him..... or even myself at another time..... the 10" filet is much easier to clean and I think eat better anyway.... but man lifting those pigs up from down in the water is fun, and that thump ain't bad either..... got my fever up may have to go soon......
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

excellant post if the fish is biting at all the 12 aND 13 ETC. DONT SEE THE LIVE WELL OR BAsket

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a good plan to me if the biggun's are in good shape.

We typically don't have this dilemma to deal with on Table Rock.
    We're having a great day if we get 30 in the boat.
    And yes, I'm jealous.

G.
    Standing in the Gap

Post Thanks / Like

Default remember me the guy

who always threw the big ones back, and said they wernt fit to eat, and then the fish biologist,(ie conservation agent) said the big ones were on there way out and would not live much longer, or something like that, so now I keep and eat them, (baked) not bad, I guess If you dont get caught breaking the law it is not ilegal. so no I am not going to catch 15 and then start tossing the big ones back and you should not do it. so quit it and quit it now.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Yeh but just think what the judge

will think when they tell him you were throwing back the big ones to keep the little ones..........:D

Post Thanks / Like

Default Good point

beagleman, the bigguns are going to die soon so why not keep themBut if you never put the bigguns in the in the boat U never break the law when U throw them back.:D Take the pic when U catch them & then toss them back for someone else to catch. The JJ's are on a catch & release plan for Truman on the bigguns. Twelve inch or bigger gets a free pass.

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm, alot of the places I fish, they have to be over 12" just to be legal to keep. It sucks throwing back 11 3/4" crappie.

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I find posts like this interesting that your position is really dictated by the lake you fish. I fish Stockton most of the time and in the last 6 months I have only caught a limit 4 times so I keep everything. If I was fishing Truman regularly I would have caught more than 4 limits there in the last 6 months so I would not keep every fish I catch everytime. You guys that fish Tablerock are in a worse position than us at Stockton so I am sure if you can catch enough for a meal you keep everything. Did not mean to leave LOZ out but those on LOZ seem to be able to catch limits on a regular basis also, it would be nice to see some more LOZ posts. If I left any other lakes out sorry not room for every lake in my post.

OSS what if you were not able to catch a limit regularly on Truman would your position change?

Post Thanks / Like

Default I see your point and a good one

If I was a big eater I would keep them like you say, but I only have a mess about 5 or 6 times a year so it is not a big deal with me on keeping any on any trip....... I waste a lot of money on gas and gear, but love just going, and if we catch them fine,,,,, if we only get one that is fine..... I will go home knowing I am doing what I like to do and give it my best shot..... hell I could be golfing, but I choose to crappie fish in my golden years........:D

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Andy(Conservation Agent who whatchs on here all the time) looks like you got some more boats to follow around.:D:D
    Oss I know you make this stuff up cause you never catch a limit.:D

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast