Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Baller & I

Post Thanks / Like

Default Baller & I

Just to mess with Baller, I called him to raze:D:D him about hanging on a tree at Toronto and asked him ifin that was his tree stand:D:D Well a few laughs later we decided I needed to see that tree,,, up close. Sooo,,, Saturday morning we met at Beto junction at 6am. It's prety dang cold at 42 degrees headed to a high of 54. I got on boots, long johns, sweat pants and a flannel shirt. I'm definally warm in the truck. We get to Yates Center at 6:50 and into the Tip Top for breakfast at 7am. Man, baller can put away some food in a hurry. At the ramp I'm putting on my gortex bibs wondering if I really need to. It's 9ft high and muddy and best surface temps of 54 degrees. COE just open the gates 12 hrs ago. Water was up just to the parking lot. We head out and now I'm happy I got the bibs on. Pulled into Mann's cove with a NE breeze under 10mph. Pulled up to some trees to the left. We aint got minners so, I'm tipping with crappie nibbs. Up, down, pitched,,,nota. Moved in closer,,, nota. Changing colors too. Asked Baller just what would you an slayer do??? "Move out to 18ft and fish 8 to 10ft down". I now got on a 2in white/chartruse tube with a 1/16oz insert jig full of chart. sparkle nibbs. Lowered it down 10ft and snapped it. As it settled,,, thump!!! GET THE NET!!! 14 3/4incher comes to the surface. OK then!!! Fished tree after tree for over 2 hrs. I have 3,,, baller has none. I hand him the exact jig,,, to light for me he says. We have fished all the way back to the ramp at the end of Manns cove. We moved out and headed down the East bank to a short cove. Pulled up to a tree and I got a hit and missed it. Back down and it hit again. Ballers got the net in one hand, his pole in the other hand when he gets his 1st hit. My fish is in the boat when his gets off. His emotions are on the edged of crying. He dipped back in and hooks one that gets into the boat. Only tree that we had more than 1 bite. Moved around and then headed to Woodsons cove to fish a brushpile,,,nota. Back to Manns Caught 2 more and Baller lands his second. Ended up in Toronto point cove with nota bite. Got off the lake at 4pm after we let the Manns cove fish out in Toronto cove. Relocating fish!!! Wish we would of stayed just a little longer as the Toronto town was haveing a 'Mountain Oyster' fry starting at 5pm. GREAT time with Baller as the laughter was all day!!! <*)}}}><
    Last edited by Crappie Chatt; 10-19-2009 at 09:54 AM.
    You'll see the difference,,,on the end of your line! PROUD MEMBER OF ​TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

We had planned to fish Toronto Friday morning but instead fished Fall River and not a fish. Spoke with Ed friday night and debated between Woodson county and Toronto for Saturday. Since I had a few friends and one of their boys I felt we would have the best chance at Woodson. Since these guys don't fish much they had a good time catching the tons of 9" fish. We did manage a couple of 14" fish wich compare to a 9"er look giant. We left the lake after several hours fishing open water and caught over 200 fish with 18 being over 10". With the tandom minnow rig we caught many doubles. I was a bit down after taking them out Friday and not catching a fish so it sounds like we made the right choice. Dipping trees with 4 guys in the boat is just not ideal. Bad water or not, you just never know how Toronto fishing will be and you have to go to find out. I cannot wait to get out to HD this week.
    LIFE’S TOO SHORT TO FISH WITHOUT BEER

Post Thanks / Like

i had good time . i gave chatt a crash course on using jigs, (catches on pretty fast) good time on the water cant wait to hit it again SOOOONNNN!!! THANKS CHATT
    Supreme Leader of the Missouri Crappie Militia.........