Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Taylorsville Lake Sat 10-15-05

Post Thanks / Like

Default Taylorsville Lake Sat 10-15-05

Fished Taylorsville Saturday. Caught 17 keeper crappie. Caught most of the 8 feet down in 15-18 ft of water in standing timber. Most of the crappie were between 9 and 12 inches. This was my first time crappie fishing on Taylorsville in the fall. It seems pretty good. How long does the fall bite usually last on taylorsville? I am hoping to stay on them throughout the fall and winter.

Thanks

mharpo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by JamieCox
    Fished Taylorsville Saturday. Caught 17 keeper crappie. Caught most of the 8 feet down in 15-18 ft of water in standing timber. Most of the crappie were between 9 and 12 inches. This was my first time crappie fishing on Taylorsville in the fall. It seems pretty good. How long does the fall bite usually last on taylorsville? I am hoping to stay on them throughout the fall and winter.

Thanks
    What were you catching them on? And where were you fishing on the lake, if you don't mind?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mharpo
    What were you catching them on? And where were you fishing on the lake, if you don't mind?
    I caught them all on minnows. I was fishing the mid to lower part of the lake

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Hey Jamie ...

thanks for the report on T-ville. I've had occasion to fish there, in past years, all the way up into Nov. I've usually caught them about the same way and at the same depth, then, as you did on your recent trip. The water is usually a lot clearer in Nov, but the fish still seem to be just below the visibility level by a couple of feet. They also seemed to like Cedar tree hulks more, at that time, than during the middle of the year. Then, they seem to like blowdowns and standing hardwoods (with big branches) more.
    I've even had occasion to be at the lake during warm periods in Dec thru Jan ... and caught them out of blowdowns, on tube jigs. I was fishing from the bank, and casting out over blowdowns that stuck out into deep water (20+ft at the top end of the tree). Even then they seemed to be shallow (8ft +/-) and concentrated in one spot on the tree. They were never huge fish ... 9-11" fish, and some smaller ... but, given the circumstances, I was pleased to even catch a few ... LOL!!
    Keep us posted about T-ville, and thanks for sharing the info ....... luck2ya .... cp