Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Transition time!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Transition time!!

Looks like it's that time of the year when us minner dunkers join the :o "elite" jiggers. Bite seems to be just as good with either on the end of the line. Nibbles need to dried out and buckets put away. O well,,, it was good while it lasted. <*)}}}><
    You'll see the difference,,,on the end of your line! PROUD MEMBER OF ​TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

The minners sure like this time of year better.

Post Thanks / Like

Ya I do agree, we fished a small city lake on Sunday morning to try and avoid the wind. Caught some really nice blacks casting the rocky banks with 1/16 oz. tubes. Fish seem to be gettin' hungry.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brettbran View Post
    Ya I do agree, we fished a small city lake on Sunday morning to try and avoid the wind. Caught some really nice blacks casting the rocky banks with 1/16 oz. tubes. Fish seem to be gettin' hungry.
    They have been hungry. Couple of weeks ago, the crappie had the shad pinned on the banks in Marysville. Looked like something from the discovery channel. Even this minner fisherman could have caught'm on jigs
    Remember "I" before "E," except in Budweiser

Post Thanks / Like

TRANSITION TIME...:rolleyes:

Dear Cherished Fishing Pole,

We've had some wonderful times over the past 8 months, and I want you to know that I treasure the time we have spent together. Ever since ice-out you have done everything I could have hoped for and more. You have stayed at my right hand, loyal, faithful, and true....

But, ummm.... I have some bad news for you. It seems I have developed the early stages of bird fever. The only cure for this condition involves spending a lot more time with your nemesis, the shotgun. In order to beat bird fever, I will need to spend the next four months pulling the trigger as often as possible.

I hope you understand that there is nothing you could have done differently to change things. After all, "transition time" happens twice a year. Don't worry, I won't forget you. I'll be needing you in February when my fish fever starts acting up again. As soon as the ice breaks up, I'll be giving you a call to resume our faithful friendship. Until then, try not to collect too much dust...

Sincerely,
    Fish Taxi
    I am just pullin' your leg.:D

Post Thanks / Like

That's a good one Chris.
    Life is good today.

Post Thanks / Like

Chris, glad there are still some of you guys around. Lakes are getting too crowded in the fall and winter. Used to be that there would only be a couple boats in the parking lots at the ramps...now sometimes you have to wait to put on. Some of em are even multi-tasking...shooting a limit of Ducks or Pheasants in the morning and then fishing rest of the day.

Post Thanks / Like

you must really love that rod it was so good it almost made me cry nice thoughts good luck with the birds

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ksfish99 View Post
    Chris, glad there are still some of you guys around. Lakes are getting too crowded in the fall and winter. Used to be that there would only be a couple boats in the parking lots at the ramps...now sometimes you have to wait to put on. Some of em are even multi-tasking...shooting a limit of Ducks or Pheasants in the morning and then fishing rest of the day.
    Probably just going to get worse for you, then. I hear bird numbers are outstanding west of Salina, clear to Colorado. Lots of guys will be travelling to your area this Fall, and will probably get their limits even earlier than normal.

Wantabe, it's a good rod. But it doesn't hold a candle to a good dog.

Sorry to hijack your thread, Chatt, but I couldn't help myself. :D
    I am just pullin' your leg.:D

Post Thanks / Like

I can't say we have the waiting in line problem in NE KS. I guess all the fishers here are out west and we finally get rid of all the lake lice. Sure there can be quite a few boats trying to fish your same brush pile at HD but it's far less traffic as we get into deer season.