Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: special youth deer hunt

Post Thanks / Like

Default special youth deer hunt

They have a special weekend, before archery season opens, for youth to hunt here in Indiana. IT is this weekend (Sept 26-27) and they can only take an antler less deer. We have our stands up and are ready to roll. My son has harvested a deer in each of the last two special youth hunts.

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck to your son this weekend!
    Tennessee youth hunt is the last weekend of oct., my son can't hardly wait!

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck to your son.. we have the youth hunt here also, all three of my boys killed their first deer during a youth hunt, and my daughter missed one last year on the youth hunt. Here they can kill either antler or antlerless, guess it has to do with the states regs. Let us know how it turns out.
    You can't fish with a hung line!

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck. Yall have some nice ones in IN!

Post Thanks / Like

I have never been on the youth hunt here in IN cause my sons are still too young to hunt, but a friend of mine asked me if I could take his 10 year old that has never hunted and wants to try it, so needless to say, we are going to give it a shot this weekend. It has been alot of fun teaching him what hunting is all about, and I don't know who is more excited about the hunt!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
    I have never been on the youth hunt here in IN cause my sons are still too young to hunt, but a friend of mine asked me if I could take his 10 year old that has never hunted and wants to try it, so needless to say, we are going to give it a shot this weekend. It has been alot of fun teaching him what hunting is all about, and I don't know who is more excited about the hunt!
    Good luck to yall also.. I have a friend that likes to help with the youths getting started hunting.. He gets them to dry fire the rifle to see if they are gonna jerk or flinch. They don't know that they are dry firing and are expecting a big boom. works pretty good too... we have the youth hunt this weekend also in one of the areas we hunt, I think my middle boy is gonna be the only one that will get a chance to hunt.
    You can't fish with a hung line!

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck to all the kids out there hope they get some memories that will last them a lifetime!

Post Thanks / Like

How'd you do speck? Took my son sunday and he got a doe! Thats more fun than hunting myself. Hope you got one but if your like me its just fun being out there with kids:D:D

Post Thanks / Like

We had a great time, saw a bunch of deer, only got one shot, and my sharpshooter got the jitters and missed! But he did learn some valuable lessons! Everyone misses and that cardboard target is alot easier to hit than a live target!

Post Thanks / Like

We had a 6 point come right under the stand but of course anything with antlers is off limits on youth weekend. I hear they are going to change that next year. On saturday afternoon we had lightning strike near the stand and had to head for home. We are now gearing up for bow season. Good luck to all.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast