Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Blue Heron Lake Cullman

Post Thanks / Like

Default Blue Heron Lake Cullman

Not really a big lake at all; it is more like a big pond, but I had some time today and decided to check it out. I caught four crappie and one bass off of a red wasp (laser jig) All were caught shooting a low bridge. Very light bite and all hits were on the drop. It's been so long since I caught a crappie I almost forgot what the thump felt like

Post Thanks / Like

Dick, where is Blue Heron? Is it public?
    I'm out near West point. I never heard of Blue Heron lake.
    I just wish I could be better at fishing. Or maybe luckier!:D

Post Thanks / Like

Default Terri Pines Country Club

Quote Originally Posted by thudpucker View Post
    Dick, where is Blue Heron? Is it public?
    I'm out near West point. I never heard of Blue Heron lake.
    It is a public lake, but the land around it is private. They dammed up a small creek and it has a public right away on the right side next to a small pumping station. I checked before I put a boat in there to make sure that it was o.k. to fish that lake. I found the name on an up to date map that calls the lake Blue Heron. It is next to Waterford Subdivision as you go around the golf course. If you are at the club house teeing off the first box you will notice several houses on your left. It is directly behind those houses. There is a small bridge that runs across the back side of it. That is where I found the crappie. Just be careful if you go! There are no Tiger Woods out there playing so their golf balls go everywhere.