Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Bobby Garland Original Spider Jigs

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bobby Garland Original Spider Jigs

Any of you guys ever used any of these? I stumbled onto some the other day. It was the first ones I had seen in years. The quailty of workmanship and the colors were off the charts like they always were. They brought back alot of memories of late nights and early mornings and fishin' buddies that have since moved on. I hope to get to start on a new batch of memories very soon....Good Fishin'....GF

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink Yo ... 'fly'

Quote Originally Posted by GrouseFly View Post
    Any of you guys ever used any of these? I stumbled onto some the other day. It was the first ones I had seen in years. The quailty of workmanship and the colors were off the charts like they always were. They brought back alot of memories of late nights and early mornings and fishin' buddies that have since moved on. I hope to get to start on a new batch of memories very soon....Good Fishin'....GF
    Don't know about Bobby Garland's Spider Jigs .... but, Cabin Creek makes a similar product, and I've used it with reasonable success.

Here's a link to their lineup of colors : EFish911 Country - Where Anglers Meet

Here's a link that will show pics of the colors : EFish911 Country - Where Anglers Meet

Here's Bobby's/Garry's : Canyon Plastics: Spider Jigs

.. cp

Post Thanks / Like

The jig bodies I found are already put together like this....http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/a...aker/001-4.jpg and this... http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/a...aker/002-5.jpg . We use to kill the fish on these things. Drove two hours to get them as they could never keep them around here...lol...Those were the days...

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Know what you mean, "fly" ...

... used to kill the Bass on a 4" Gene Larue Salt Craw, melon/pepper w/orange claws (basically - dark green body w/blk flakes, & orange claws). Used to buy them half a dozen packs at a time ... then got some that had alot of gold flakes added (and I mean LOTS), and then never saw the originals again Quit buying them ... luckily about the same time I switched gears and started chasing Crappie 99% of the time :p

I never could understand why lure mfg's stopped producing a bait, or color/color pattern, when it was such a successful fish catching product. Or else they change something about it, like the materials .. or type of paint used. I can think of 7 baits, off hand, that were quite productive (as the originals), that were discontinued ... or changed to the point where they were not nearly as productive.

Gene Larue 4" Salt Craw ... melon/pepper/orange (chng'd)
    Hot Lips ... red, with black slash marks on the side (chng'd)
    Silver Buddy ... painted white (dc'd)
    Rebel Minnow ... chartreuse back/silver sides/white belly (d/c'd)
    Bomber Model A's ... (firetiger) paint changed from glossy to flat (chng'd)
    Wiggle Wart ... baby bass/chartreuse belly (dc'd)
    Hot-n-Tot ... lips changed from metal to plastic (chng'd)

As far as the Cabin Creek Spider Jigs ... I used to fish them at Herrington, for prespawn/spawning Bass. Did OK with them, too .... well, as long as I could keep the half pound Warmouth off of them :D --- used to send them little fellers AIRBORNE, on the hookset :p -- I just KNEW it was a 6-7-8lb Hawg, that had picked up my jig and was swimmin off with it .... LOL !!

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

I know what you are saying CP...That's why I got so excited when I found these. We use to drive 2 hours one way to get them. They were fish catchers for sure and then they just disappeared like all good things do...