Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fun at Grenada this weekend

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fun at Grenada this weekend

Tell ya guys, it was a blast up there this weekend. We were meeting up with SatDoc and Wannabe Saturday morning and ran into Herefisheyfishey as well, NICE BOAT dude and hope to get mine rigged up like that one day!!! Anyways, got to the ramp and ole Sats just propped up against his boat, waiting on us already AS USUAL. Man he gets up to early for me. LOL We had a good day saturday, Kept 13 Crappie (not 11 like sat said, LOL)and 3 nice cats. Fished til 11 or so and then to SportsCenter to watch the State game. AAHHH, was 7-0 with a minute or 2 left in the half so being as I was a little tipsy and we were sucking, we left. Bout my luck cause we scored 38 points after I left the bar. Sunday was the day though. Got on the water at 6:15 and camw off around 1 or 1:30 with 24, yes you heard right 24 Crappie!!!!! Ran into a few of you guys out there, Bigger, Patrick, was good to see ya. Well, They both came by the cabin and I tell ya, Patrick you SHOULDA STAYED dude. Ole Bigger, Who I owe BIGTIME now, had just got back form his trip and he cooked, Boiled, Grilled and fried LOBSTER to go along with 10 pounds of 12 count Shrimp. OMG that stuff was some kinda good. Had a great time wih Bigger and Mrs Bigger sitting there talking junk and having a few drinks of choice. Monday was rough though, Neither Nessa nor myself felt to good after saturday night but I trudged on and headed out to the lake. Got back on my honeyhole and they just went there as thick as they were sunday so I moved around abit til I founds 'em again. Think I had 2 or 3 in the boat on my other hole til I ran into one spot and all my poles went off at the same time, results, 3 crappie with 2 close to 16 inches each!!!! Nessa stayed behind for abit and when she got to feeling better, I went and picked her up and we ended up yesterday with 17 crappie and 4 white bass in the cooler. Grenada lake is beautiful for sure. Deer running around the cabin and not scared of anything. Was a great time up there, catching lots of fish, eating some good food and seeing some great people. Darn sure hater ole Torch and Satdoc couldn't make it monday, was looking forward to messing with you guys even more than the 100 text messages I sent out. LOL Here's a few pics of the weekend.
    RECAP::::
    Saturday 13 crappie - 3 cats
    Sunday 24 Crappie
    Monday 17 Crappie - 4 White bass
    TOTAL: 54 Crappie - 3 cats - 4 White bass
    Biggest fish 2.13 pounds with 8 over 1.75 pounds and 15 over 1.50 pounds

proud member of "Team Cup"

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like a good time was had by all! Now, you need to get off yo sorry tail and come up to 'butla, where the biguns live!
    Carl's Guide Service
    Sardis Lake
    Enid Lake
    Grenada Lake
    901-734-7536

Post Thanks / Like

Nice DD, after you left yesterday them White bass started tearing it up, you coulda goten you a good mess....

You should be proud of that one black crappie, it's as rare as a three pounder at grenada. I have not caught one in 3-4 years....black crappie that is...

Post Thanks / Like

Default You saw as you called me to mess with me that

we had 4 poles go off at the same time with all white bass, didn't ya. LOL I thought that was a black crappie but to me a crappie is a crappie. He did eat good though.
    proud member of "Team Cup"

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like you had a good time. Awesome picks
    Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.
    Ronald Reagan -

Post Thanks / Like

You guys sure make me jealous!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice eye P I didnt even notice that speck in the bunch!!!!....It is a rarity.
    Stick yo jig in there!

Post Thanks / Like

I've never caught one any bigger than the one pictured out of Grenada....Wonder what their problem is? A biologist said they only make up about 1% of the Grenada population...LOL Figures DD would drag one out doesn't it?

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Good job DD!!! Looks like a great time.

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Im pretty sure ive never caught one in grenada.
    Stick yo jig in there!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast