Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: help on coffey county

Post Thanks / Like

Default help on coffey county

i'm new to crappie.com but have enjoyed reading the posts on the kansas board. i wanted to go to melvern this saturday but the wife said she'd shoot the first jet ski that came within 50 foot of us and i didn't want to have to come up with bail money. decided on wolf creek. has anyone fished coffey county lately or have any tips. i haven't fished it since this past spring. hoping that i can find some action with the white bass and would appreciate any help.

Post Thanks / Like

I used to find some humps on the west side and sit over em with a jigging spoon as you could see the bait balls on a finder. Other than that pitching white twister tails at the chunk rock on the dam never gets old. Let us know how you do.

Post Thanks / Like

Go dip the standing hedge on the east side. Should be plenty of dink (13") crappie in there.

Al
    Fear me all ye that dwell beneath the waves

Post Thanks / Like

In the summer I like the white bass by the east island on the west side or between that island and the rock dike. Winter time, hot water inlet. Like the eyes south of that island on the flat espically in a west wind, had some big number days in that 3' strech there, drifting. Also when the lake is warm, deep spot on the east side of dam for the eyes. Wind is a problem, make sure you plan on fishing it in a low wind day. The few days I've gotten into the big eyes out there, pager shortely went off with the wind warning saying to get off lake. Had many 60+ eye days out there and struggled to find 2 keepers. Not found any wipes over 20" there.
    They're funny about carrying water with minnows into the lake, be prepared to dump your bucket and refill with lake water. Had couple of occasions, had to wipe out live wells there prior to getting on lake depends on the guard at the gate.