Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: KY saves the day!

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up KY saves the day!

By KY, of course I mean the Kentucky rig...:p

I fished Wabaunsee Friday 9 AM-4 PM. Cleaned 42. Still working brushpiles in 12'. Tried LBM's welding rod rig (my version of it anyway), and was completely SHOCKED that it DOES produce nice fish. There were a couple times when my jig bite petered out, and I dropped in the welding rod with minners and that kept the action alive.:D

I caught most of my fish on tandem jigs, but I can definitely see how having minnows in the boat can make a huge difference at times. Also, for anybody that hasn't tried LBM's Kentucky rig, it REALLY DOES free itself from snags very nicely. The only difference between mine and the one he posted in the other thread is that instead of hammering the ends flat and drilling, I actually just looped the ends of the welding rod and then welded it closed. His version probably is better, but I didn't have any split ring-swivels so I had to adjust...

Anyway, the fishing wasn't explosive by any means, but it was a nice, steady day on the water and I'm looking forward to the fish fry!

Side note: :D:D:D I got one of those underwater cameras for Christmas last year and I only took it out once and never really spent much time playing with it... I dropped it in and around the brushpile on Friday and found that it was VERY entertaining. I actually had a saugeye try to EAT the camera. I could see a lot more than what I expected, considering how cloudy the water was. Watching the fish on the camera was pretty interesting, and I think I recognized quite a few of my jigs decorating the brushpile.:rolleyes::rolleyes: In fairness to the fish, I only dropped it in AFTER I was ready to move on to the next pile.:D
    I am just pullin' your leg.:D

Post Thanks / Like

Welding Rod? I've been gone.
    I am glad to be here, but at my age, I'm glad to be anywhere.

Post Thanks / Like

read the Kansas ultra-lite sticky post up at the top of the list. I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes, but it really worked.

Post Thanks / Like

squirrels after reading your thread I'm convinced we fished together and just didn't know it. (who's boat were we in?) I also tried my kentucky rig for the first time after my hole slowed and I lost a couple trying to weave em thru the limbs. I forgot to preload with a weight but actually did well anyway. just had to comment. Oh had my camera out also. Been on the shelf since winter fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

Careful on your titles Squirrels...KY saves the day might be misinterupted:D
    Remember "I" before "E," except in Budweiser

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AntiochBA View Post
    ahhhh actually I was at hillsdale the whole time ALONE. Yea thats the ticket all alone I was. I don't even know that guy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AntiochBA View Post
    I kinda hoped it would be misinterpreted.:rolleyes: It's tough to get people to keep reading posts about Lake Wabaunsee.

I would fish with you any time Go Dart. Welding rods or not... Notice I didn't mention KY... Don't worry, there's no grabassin in my boat.:D In fact, this is as good of a time as any to announce that I'm gonna be a DAD AGAIN!!!:D:D:D My first born is a pretty good fisher, so let's hope I can be as blessed with the next one!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by squirrels View Post
    I kinda hoped it would be misinterpreted.:rolleyes: It's tough to get people to keep reading posts about Lake Wabaunsee.

I would fish with you any time Go Dart. Welding rods or not... Notice I didn't mention KY... Don't worry, there's no grabassin in my boat.:D In fact, this is as good of a time as any to announce that I'm gonna be a DAD AGAIN!!!:D:D:D My first born is a pretty good fisher, so let's hope I can be as blessed with the next one!
    Congratulations!
    Remember "I" before "E," except in Budweiser

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats Squirrels!

Post Thanks / Like

congrats squirrels. not bad for a shot in the dark!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast