Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Manhattan Area Fishers

Post Thanks / Like

Default Manhattan Area Fishers

I just got this emailed to me from Riley County Fish & Game Association. It's a good club for anybody in the Manhattan area who is interested in fishing, hunting, and the outdoors. This is also generally the shortest meeting of the year. We eat, BS, and then shoot some trap.

Wednesday, August 26th is our "September General Meeting". It will be held at Tuttle Creek Shooting Park.

25lbs of pulled pork will be ready at 5:30 and we will start shooting at 6:30.

Please bring your friends that might be interested in joining.

Not all members receive emails from RCF&GA so please call your fellow members and remind them since it is not on the normal day for our regularly scheduled meetings.

See you there.
    I am just pullin' your leg.:D

Post Thanks / Like

That's a good group. Wish there were more like them around the state. They kept the river at Rocky Ford public after KWP's underhanded deal in selling it to a rich dentist.

Post Thanks / Like

Not only did they help keep it public, but they added a new parking area, poured cement stairs leading down to the river, and cleaned up the area. Access has been greatly improved.

This coming weekend everybody is volunteering for the kids' fishing derby at Anneberg park. They (RCF&G) also host annual deer and turkey hunts for youth and disabled people. Last year they took almost 40 groups out deer hunting. They also took over the lease of an abandoned girl scout cabin on Corps land, completely renovated the place, and rent it out to different groups for really CHEAP rates.

I'm really proud to be associated with them. Thanks for the endorsement, Ksfish99.:D
    I am just pullin' your leg.:D