Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's the best type of crappie boat?

Post Thanks / Like

Default What's the best type of crappie boat?

I'm saving my pennies for a bigger and better crappie boat. I'm leaning towards the Polar Kraft 186sc. Here is a pic. Any thoughts?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

The best boat is one that is paid for! That is a nice boat though. I have the 1886SE, It has served me well.
    Carl's Guide Service
    Sardis Lake
    Enid Lake
    Grenada Lake
    901-734-7536

Post Thanks / Like

I like the looks of that.
    Shoals Area Crappie Association

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I'll tell ya, it works just like an old man's plumbing - It depends.

If you're a single poler, that's gonna be a tough rig to move in an out of trees, say on the Delta Lakes and probably some spots on the Big 4 as well - like up at Cedar Hollow in Grenada. Now, if you're a spider rigger and crank bait troller, that would be about as good as any out there.

To compare and contrast your boat vs Fillets, You'd have enough storage to make Fillet very jealous, but if you tried to fish side by side with Fillet in your boat, you'd be feeling his elbows pretty often. If ya'll headed to shallow water, Fillet would pass you by as you wrestled with your boat stuck on the bottom. Assuming you had the same load and motor, Fillet would get there first, but you'd be drier. If you put 4 in your boat and trolled for a day, all of them would still like you, but 2 would cross Fillet off their Christmas list. If you spread 3 rods down each side and pulled cranks by yourself, you'd have a crick in your neck the next day, but Fillet's would swing like it was on sealed bearings.

I like that boat a bunch, but it probably wouldn't be for me and the way I fish, but it might just be the perfect one for you. And IMO, PK puts a boat together about as good as one can be.

Wannabe...
    Wannabe...v2.0
    A lot like the old Wannabe... except with fewer bad words. And Karate chop action. But, yes, still purtier than you.

Post Thanks / Like

And another thing, you better get CFT's approval. Nothing worse than fishing with a grumpy partner.....just ask Torch if you don't believe me.

Wannabe...
    Last edited by Wannabe...; 08-21-2009 at 09:08 AM.
    Wannabe...v2.0
    A lot like the old Wannabe... except with fewer bad words. And Karate chop action. But, yes, still purtier than you.

Post Thanks / Like

Not even with a 10 ft pole!!!!
    Stick yo jig in there!

Post Thanks / Like

Chicken.

Wannabe...

Bwok, Bwok
    Wannabe...v2.0

Post Thanks / Like

It looks like the console is a little far forward for my likeing. The further forward you are, the more it's gonna beat on you in rough water, on top of the fact that the console will be in the way of minnow buckets and coolers and such while spider rigging off the front. I stay in the front more than the back, so I like more room up there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pstone View Post
    It looks like the console is a little far forward for my likeing. The further forward you are, the more it's gonna beat on you in rough water, on top of the fact that the console will be in the way of minnow buckets and coolers and such while spider rigging off the front. I stay in the front more than the back, so I like more room up there.
    lol, pstone, i thought it was a tiller handle when i looked at the pic.........did not see the console at the very front. i, too think its too close up front, as that takes away most of your fishing room. when i ordered my boat, a wareagle 1648, i put a tiller handle motor on it, and i love the empty center. makes for lots of room.

Post Thanks / Like

That boat is a deep V and would ride better than any mod V Jon even if you were sitting on top of the trolling motor at full throttle. And, you'd be drier after the ride than mine.

Wannabe...
    Wannabe...v2.0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast