Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Smithville 8/15

Post Thanks / Like

Default Smithville 8/15

Good day today. Hit the lake kinda late 8:00. I decided not to discriminate and try the other side of the lake this time (Camp Branch). I fished area 1 for the most of the day. I've always passes this area up, but glad I stopped today. This place has a bunch of crazy trees tightly packed. Lost a lot of jigs, but also caught a lot of fish. The bite was a bit erratic but it put about 11 in my boat all 10"+ (all whites). The fish were most active in about 16' of water 8-10’ down. I also hooked a big white bass. He was fun to land with my ultra light rod.

Area 2 was OK. I caught a lot of fish there, but most were small. About 1 out of 5 were legal limit. They were in about 12' of water and I was catching blacks.

Area 3 was slow. This area was in about 30' of water and I only caught about 3 whites here. All were small.

All the arrows are the new 2009 brush piles on this side of the lake. I met up with some guy and we swapped fishing holes. He said he was out watching when they dropped the brush this year and just marked the spots on his map. The parks department didn't make a map this year, so if you need all the brush piles go to Burton's (at least that's what they said).

Anyway, that's about it for today's fishing. I'll be out again tomorrow early if it doesn't rain. If anyone else has a report, I'll like to hear you all are doing. I'm planning to be out next week for the 1st Annual CDC Smithville tournament if work doesn't call me in. Looking forward to meeting new and old Smithville CDC members.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Alex (KC Area, Smithville Lake)

Post Thanks / Like

Alex area #1 looks like the big tree line over there . Never fished #2 and #3 back in the cove to the right is good during the spawn. Good job Dave
    May all your live wells be full.
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by got crappie View Post
    Alex area #1 looks like the big tree line over there . Never fished #2 and #3 back in the cove to the right is good during the spawn. Good job Dave
    Hi Dave. How you feeling after the operation? You able to make it out any?

You are right, there is a large tree line there. Some areas are real thick with brush. That's the area I focused on the most.

I'll keep the cove you mentioned in mind next year during the spawn. I went back there once this year and noticed that it's a large shallow cove. Didn't dawn on me it would be good for the spawn.
    Alex (KC Area, Smithville Lake)

Post Thanks / Like

Alex havent been out , I did get released so i'm out sometime this week hopefully. Dave
    May all your live wells be full.
    Dave