Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Kansas City guys

Post Thanks / Like

Default Kansas City guys

As listed above, you can't beat Roger's for the total fisherman. Minnesota Bait and Tackle, about 12th and Minnesota, old downtown KCK is another option. I like their selection of crappie stuff and they have some things the big box fishing outfits don't have. I just picked up some Culprit/Double Hammer crappie baits. Interesting design but the tail doesn't kick they way I would like it to, too short and stubby of a tail, but they do catch craps. See them here: Deason Double Hammer Tried them out on the Wakarusa River Sunday. I rigged the Double Hammers on an 1/8 head so as to produce a "falling action". Fairly good bite on the river as it's getting time for the river fishing to get better and better. The pods of shad are everywhere. All about 2 to 3 inches in length. Get a little rise in the Waka and Rock flowages and the crappie and whites will head up the rivers bigtime. Big Nate had a similar report from Rock Creek this weekend, see his post. He's the river / creek pro.

Post Thanks / Like

Roger's has as good a supply of jig heads and bodies for crappie fishin as anyone, anywhere, anytime. They are the biggest supplier for Bailey Magnets that I know of. This is the best solid tube jig on the market in my humble opinion.
    Team Double D - " We're not famous, but we should be."