Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: It's all a mind game

Post Thanks / Like

Default It's all a mind game

I will be the first to admit I am guilty as charged, in my working days when I would get a day off to go fishing I wanted my limit and big ones if I could get them..... Wow has my mind changed since just wish I would have started longer ago.. If you think about it, If I were still working and only got to fish like a lot of you weekenders here is how I would do it, sure I am going for my limit, okay I get my limit and in it is 2-13" a 14" and 4-12", as soon as I reached my limit I would cull the oppsite direction, I would trade the 10" for the largest and work my way down..Old Beagle man and I sometimes don't always agree on everything but this we agree 100 percent, them smaller crappie are the best eating.... I won't even consider keeping a crappie over a pound anymore...them old big ones have earned the right to live on and get bigger.... just imagine your young child catching a 1 1/2# for their first fish......I know you r thinking u go to he-- old man been told worse... I wouldn't even mount a 3#, but I would take at least 2 pics of it.... heck you are only going to eat them.. why eat the biggin's....... leave them so I can catch them and tell you all about it.......
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I release all mine unless someone with me wants to eat a few. But I know if I did eat them it would make it tough to release them.

Post Thanks / Like

Default You may be right Jared

You may have to wait until you retire to get this stupidty thing........ but I like it.........

Post Thanks / Like

Man, I like fishing with the old timer, but I just hate it when I see Monty tear up when I put a nice one in the live well.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, rather to skid in sideways, body used up and totally worn out screaming 'WOO~HOO what a ride!'

Post Thanks / Like

I've always said if I ever caught a 2 lbr I would have it mounted. Last year, at Kentucky Lake I finally reached my goal. In the livewell he went. After about 15 min. I reached in and let him go. The guy I was with said what the hell you do that for? My only answer was "I can't do it". I remember the "thump", the fight, that was good enough for me. Now a 3lbr on the other hand...

Post Thanks / Like

There's something in me that feels would rather see the larger ones still swimming to be caught again or to be able to spawn again. Can tell you that one MDC biologist that have known for years and have spoken to on this subject doesn't agree, his feel is they cycle and there isn't much that human intervention can do to change that. I asked "well why even have length limits then"?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tear up huh

Who says they have been to truman twice and hadn't caught squat, while eating his bowl of rice-a-roni and tear drops drowning out his bowl of rice.....

Post Thanks / Like

me thinks the world may be in trouble, OLD SILVERSIDES AND THE BEAGLE MAN AGREE boys and girls may want to watch the news tonight. it this doesn make the big time nothing will, all kidding aside, big fish are safe arround me, no not because I can not catch them just dont have the drive to want big fish, caught a 3lb crappie couple years ago on tablerock put it in the pond for seed, caught a lot of big fish and well keep some big ones especially if darrell is with me he will eat the heck out of them. anyway, good fishing all and keep what you want and want what you keep OSS RULES- the out house

Post Thanks / Like

You guys are killing me here.:D
    I keep the bigguns most of the time. I would rather keep em and eat em rather than have em die of old age and become turtle fodder.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Good point

Turtle fodder....... now that is good......... l like what Kaz said to about the length limit.........

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast