Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Finally able to head back home this weekend

Post Thanks / Like

Default Finally able to head back home this weekend

Going down to LOZ with the family to visit family. Leaving Thursday night and will be staying at the in-laws house in Soap Creek arm.

I'm not able to bring the boat, but will be fishing from the dock at night (with lights) and will probably take the toon out in the mornings and evenings.

How's the bite been at LOZ? I haven't seen many posts about it lately. Any info would help since I'm not too good fishing the summer pattern at all. Would be nice to hit Truman as they seem to be biting.

Be sure and say hey if you see me out in Soap creek - I probably won't venture out of that cove because I don't totally trust the pontoon any more. lol

Or if you're in the area at night come on by the dock, have a beer and hopefully catch some fish. Towards the back of the arm/cove, right hand corner of Soap creek, just past the Gas-Hole. - will probably be the only dock with under-water lights on.

Thanks

-Coop
    Swan-Diving off the tongues of crippled giants

Post Thanks / Like

Sheeeeesh - forecast to be 97 degree this Saturday. Gonna have to put cold beer in my britches too.

Post Thanks / Like

I Think An Air Conditioner Would Be A Better Idea! That Or Fish Late At Night Or Before 9 Am In The Morning! Granted A Cold Beer Would Be Good After The Fishing!

Post Thanks / Like

I can't speak for the gravois but the upper glaize has been good in real shallow water around wood,if you could get the ole toon to the back of indian creek i'd bet you could have a ball on all that shallow wood back there.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for advice, bugman! Indian creek isn't too far away, but I've never been back in there. It looks like a long cove - How far back is the wood located?

Post Thanks / Like

All the way back you'll go around a sharp bend to your right and thats where the shallow flat starts the logs,rootballs etc are there,don't be afraid to fish in water less than 4' the fish will be there i've been catchin them in less than 2,use a long pole so you don't get right up on em and i'd bet you'll go home smiling.

www.simplycrappie.com

Post Thanks / Like

Great - thanks again! I won't be able to take my long pole, but I guess I'll use a jig under a small cork.

Will I bee able to see the root balls from the boat (above water)? The toon doesn't have any electronics that work.

Post Thanks / Like

Yea you can't miss em........when you round the bend start watching for em it gets shallow quick,its like a minefield back there.

www.simplycrappie.com