Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is a spider rigging?

Post Thanks / Like

Default What is a spider rigging?

Never heard that one before. I have know clue what it is. Please explain thanks. I live in the west in Idaho.

Post Thanks / Like

Helicopter Pilot
    Vietnam 67/68
    Proud Member of the Southeast Asian War Games Team

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lots a info out there on that one.

Up here in Michigan we have a 3 pole limit per person so when the wife goes along I run 4 poles out the front and she fishes w/ 2 out the back. Like the article says it's a great way to target fish and give the look of a school of bait around the boat. My school is a bit smaller than the boys down south. :D

Life has many choices, eternity has two...choose wisely.
    Unapplied biblical truth is like unapplied paint...how many gallons do you have sittin' around? U.D.

Jiggin_Joe is offline Crappie Wall Hanger II * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

explains why I dont do it we have 1 rod limit in minnesota

JJ
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v421/jokerpoker/logo.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

I'm Getting Bashed Now.????? It's Meat Fishing . Sit In Boat And Troll For Fish When They Hook Themselves You Pull Them In.

Post Thanks / Like

Can't do it in So Cal either - 2 pole limit - if you buy an extra stamp. I'd be meat fishing all day - if I could.... LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks blackhawk 19. I know what a spider rig is now. I read your artical and it was very informative. Multipal poles set on boat trolling. Were allowed only two poles here in Idaho. I don't troll for crappie. I do troll for other species and catch a few incidental crappie while trolling. Thanks for the information it was a great artical.

Post Thanks / Like

I just cannot be that busy and enjoy it, even if it catches more fish. Two rods is my limit.
    I just wish I could be better at fishing. Or maybe luckier!:D

Post Thanks / Like

i have tried spider fishing and it's not for me. not knocking it at all. it is an ultimate test of boat and rod control skills. my hat's off to anybody that is a master of it. as far as meat fishing, if you stay within the limit you are as legal or moral as the one pole person.

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=yankee doodler;860092]Up here in Michigan we have a 3 pole limit per person so when the wife goes along I run 4 poles out the front and she fishes w/ 2 out the back. Like the article says it's a great way to target fish and give the look of a school of bait around the boat. My school is a bit smaller than the boys down south.

You might want to check the laws there, but here you would be ticketed for too many rods, if you were checked with that set up. It is the same as your catching your limit and helping her catch hers. Here we are allowed only 2 rods each in our possession. You can not handle her poles for her while fishing. EB
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast