Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Smithville 8/22/09

Post Thanks / Like

Default Smithville 8/22/09

Team Double D hit the water about 6:30 am and found the bottom had dropped out. We havent been on the lake in 2 weeks and the bite was real slow on our summer stumps. Kept 10 and tossed 4 or 5 back. The 4 biggest were 11 oz, 13 oz, 14 oz and 15 oz. Caught them from 4' deep to 10' deep in 6' to 15' of water. White and chart. seemed to work best. I hope Danny can get the pics posted today.
    Team Double D - " We're not famous, but we should be."

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hey old one arm

sounds a little slow, but tell me, I have heard do you have to have a yearly pass to fish smithville????? I know down here at truman I just buy my yearly ramp parking permit $30 could get it for $15 if I wanted to drive all the way to Jefferson City and get my golden age passport....... to far away.....
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, annual OR you can buy a daily pass for Smithville, or put in at the free ramp WAAAYYY up north on the lake. The annual are like $120 for boat and vehicle (I'm sure you'd get a discount for your "golden age" but I'm not sure how much.) Daily rates are....I forget, but...I'm thinking they're about what you pay for a yearly on Truman!! Probably not quite. Probably $15 for boat and $5 for vehicle or something.

The thing is, they have these "cards" that you flash at the entrance, so they're really good for any vehicle/boat combo....they can be "shared" that way, as long as the card holder is in the party.

DoubleD I tried the evening bite. Went out with the wife just to cruise around a little and check out the engine after having done some work on it. Put in at 4:00pm and between the wind and the lake traffic it was CHOPPY! Found some trees on the Camp Branch arm to get out of the traffic and the wind and the waves and in the hour we spent out there I caught only a few dinks and all of them were on the Blue/White. None on the Orange/Chart. Hard keeping still out there!

Post Thanks / Like

Default thank you for the info

think I will just stay on Truman.........
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

Default Smithville, 8-2

had a good day catching fish off the brushpiles up by the dam. Loads of white bass, 2 channels, lots of dinks and even 2 bluegills. Released everything but steady action all day. Now for the sad part. Mind you, I'm not going to b***h to hear my head rattle, but the traffic on the lake is just horrible. I'm anchored at the brushpile not a hundred yards from shore, and thru the day I have boats pass so close ON PLANE, that I take water over the transom twice, and over the bow once. when I'm leaving to go back to the ramp, there is a ton of traffic on the main lake so I'm only doing about 20mph watching everything and here comes a pontoon pulling a kid on a tube across the lake dead in front of me. I throttle back and raise my arms as if to say WTF and I get flipped off.Real class acts on the lake. And of course, I don't see Mo. water patrol all day. (Must be keeping those big boats with the three Merc. 250's in the dock what with the price of gas) VERY disappointed with Smithville, to the point I don't believe I'll go back. Sorry for the rant, I'm just so pissed.

Post Thanks / Like

The One Arm Bandit strikes again, way to go. What poor sap did you take $5 from this time instead of me. OSS, as hard as you are on the crappie at Truman they probably don't want you at Smithville. That or you'd have to pay extra at least. :D

Post Thanks / Like

Monty, as far as fishing and getting your moneys worth, stay at Truman. Its cheaper to fish and you can get away from all the crap. I can usually hide from the pleasurer people untill its time to head in then all hell breaks loose. We usually quit and head to the ramp by 11:00.
    Team Double D - " We're not famous, but we should be."