Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Wabaunsee

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wabaunsee

I promised a HOT CRAPPIE BITE to trick an old buddy into coming down for the weekend for fishing and generally goofing off. I told him to bring his golf clubs, "just in case". Well, we didn't need the clubs!:D:D:D

This time the fish actually delivered on my promise, and we had some of the fastest fishing I have seen since Spring!!!:D We were hitting brush piles in 12FOW. It wasn't long before we scrapped the regular rod/reels and went to the 13' dippin' sticks.:D:D:D Drop jig in, lift crappie out, release crappie, repeat.... repeat... repeat... Etc,..

We ended up catching a few over 12", but that was as big as they got. Plenty of decent ones, and a zillion dinks, but who cares when you're all C&R? The action was fantastic all weekend.:D

The hottest color/lure of the weekend was a glow pink/chart tube. We caught plenty on other colors, but that was the real producer.
    I am just pullin' your leg.:D

Post Thanks / Like

Great job...Sounds like a lot of fun...From a couple other reports it sounds like the fishing was really good this weekend. Of course my boat just sit in the garage all weekend.

I have seen some other boards for other species showing really good catches there too. I just wish they did not charge you an arm and a leg to launch your boat there. I would hate to spend $30 or whatever it is to not catch anything.

Post Thanks / Like

ChadKU, PM me if/when you want to go. I will make sure your fee isn't wasted. Heck, if you pick the right day, I might even be able to give you a personal tour. I would be glad to tell you everything I (think I) know about the lake.

I am probably a bit biased about that lake, since that's where I always fish. If you have read good reports about smallies and saugeyes, I would guess they are probably true. There are so many small crappies in that lake, I think they do a nice job of fattening up the bass, walleye, and catfish.

Post Thanks / Like

Forgot to mention... The lady that runs the bait shop is telling stories about a fish, "THE SIZE OF A CANOE!!!" Supposedly the Loch Wabaunsee monster has been spotted and reported on three separate occasions by pleasure boaters. The only info I got from her was that the fish is "the size of a canoe." No word on what species it is reported to be, but I am guessing it is a crappie. :p

If I ever stop posting on this site, you can safely assume that I was eaten by the fish.

Post Thanks / Like

lol...that is funny...been seeing big catches of smallies and largemouth....saw some pics...looks like a great little lake.