Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Had planned on hitting Longview

Post Thanks / Like

Default Had planned on hitting Longview

Unfortunatly I didn't make it. Figured I was long overdue for some boat maintenance. So, I changed the plugs, and fuel filter. Then put on some bearing buddies with some phone assistance from Hogster. Changed the lower unit lube.

Turned her over in the garage, and she fired up first crank and she's never done that since I've had her. Pretty pleased with that so far.

Then I cracked an Ultra and stared at my trolling motor, still fuming a little bit that I bent the crap out of the shaft. I believe I now hate Motor guide. I noticed at WalMart that they have an edge 50lb Minn Kota sitting on the shelf for 425.00, so I believe I'm going to get me one this week. I'd get the old one fixed, but Gary, the guy that MG recommends in this area said that it would take a week, and possibly cost 200.00. That seems like a long time and a lot of money to me. Since MK has a lifetime warranty on the shaft, I think I'll get the new one and the 2 yr warranty on the thing.

Sorry for Rambling. Good luck to whoever goes this weekend and next week.

Hitting Truman in the morning, probably Grand bound, but still contemplating another Osage run.

Post Thanks / Like

How strange, I had planned to do the same this morning myself and ended up doing a lot of maintenance/repairs on the boat. I have an older (1990) Johnson 150 that the vacuum switch had gone out on. During my troubleshooting of that I discovered I had fuel leaking from several locations so after it was all said and I done I had replaced the VRO with a regualr fuel pump, pulled the carbs and replaced the gaskets there so that I could put new clamps on all the fuel fittings.

It wasnt as good a day as fishing but Ill take a day of messing with the boat over working in the office anytime.
    Remember, its the second mouse that gets the cheese.

Post Thanks / Like

Anytime i can help my friend. Lookin forward to the upcoming season it should be good.Give me a yell and report tomorrow on your way home.
    The Ranger should be fixed by next weekend so we will have to test her out and see if i can get called some endearing names.
    There will be days when the fishing is better than one's most optimistic forecast, others when it is far worse. Either is a gain over just staying home.

Post Thanks / Like

nice work duncan, prevent defense on the boat, pays off in the end, we all got together early in the spring and did maintenance on the trailers,and greased up the motors,

Greg aka hogster slow down you know what they say,

no mater how fast you go you cant out run pelican poop:D

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by beagle man View Post
    nice work duncan, prevent defense on the boat, pays off in the end, we all got together early in the spring and did maintenance on the trailers,and greased up the motors,

Greg aka hogster slow down you know what they say,

no mater how fast you go you cant out run pelican poop:D
    HA HA HA You old Fart.Carry the shot gun with me now.Just never know when ya might need one.:D
    There will be days when the fishing is better than one's most optimistic forecast, others when it is far worse. Either is a gain over just staying home.