Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Woods

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Woods

John W. and I spent most of the day on woods. Bite was kinda slow most of the day but we did manage 19 good fish, all on jigs 15 to 18 ft deep in 17 to 21 fow. A few more productive trips and I think John will be forever leavin the minnow bucket at home!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Woods on Friday

These 19 weighed 18lb,guess who caught most of them. Attachment 30601
    JohnW

Post Thanks / Like

good catch.
    living life to its fullest, This is not a dressed rehearsal.

Post Thanks / Like

i went sat a.m. fought the wind till noon, had one crappie,gave it to a club member at the ramp.my son blake came in from chatt.and went back that afternoon.we caught 5 nice slabs in 12 to 15 fow.he had a good time out with the ole man.he even asked when the next tx.was,said he would like to join me.i'm looking forward to that.we also caught several stripe and bream.fished till around 8.00, he had a date!all of our fish were caught on minnows.i have noticed that there are certain spots on the lake[woods]that minnows are the only bait to use and other areas jigs does the trick.has anyone else noticed that?or is it just me,not fishing correctly.
    GOD loves fishermen,the earth is 75% water

Post Thanks / Like

I can't help you BOS i"m just now learning to jig fish.
    JohnW

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by BigOrangeSlab View Post
    i went sat a.m. fought the wind till noon, had one crappie,gave it to a club member at the ramp.my son blake came in from chatt.and went back that afternoon.we caught 5 nice slabs in 12 to 15 fow.he had a good time out with the ole man.he even asked when the next tx.was,said he would like to join me.i'm looking forward to that.we also caught several stripe and bream.fished till around 8.00, he had a date!all of our fish were caught on minnows.i have noticed that there are certain spots on the lake[woods]that minnows are the only bait to use and other areas jigs does the trick.has anyone else noticed that?or is it just me,not fishing correctly.
    I'd say you're always fishing correctly if you have confidence in what you're doing.

Post Thanks / Like

John,

Great catch and I know that you caught the majority of those fish. Just like Skeet and I on Saturday. You saw the photo of the lunker he brought into the boat. He was just teasing me, showing out so to say.:D YOu may want ot sneek into his tackle box on the next trip and file down his hooks.
    Secretary of Da Fish!

Post Thanks / Like

I keep checkin the site and well I guess I keep hoping somebody else has commented and said something.I decided to myself since nobody else is going to. I figure I cant fish, I might as well say something. Hey, I want to be asked next time you guys are gonna be fishin that honey hole again to be included in the trip. That is one nice lookin bunch of fish guys. Well done you two.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Was there yesterday and thre day before. 11 on monday and only 4 yesterday. They must be takin a break!!