Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Stockton Crappie Light

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Stockton Crappie Light

Taking my buddy up to Stockton Friday night for some night fishing. He just bought a crappie light and neither of us has ever done this. I bass fish all the time and I'm ready for some laid back fishing for awhile. I've fished Stockton for years, but mainly for bass.

Does anyone have any tips for night lite fishing up there? Main lake points, bridge piers or corp brushpiles? We would of course love a nice walleye or two.

We're coming from Springfield. Does anyone know of any place to get minnows on the way. Most likely we'll put in at Cedar Ridge or Mutton Creek.

Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Welcome!!!

Tablerock, Welcome to the board!!! There are plenty of Stockton folks on here that can help you with that clear water night fishing. I think they all went to bed early!! Glad to have you aboard..
    Crappie.......its whats for dinner!!

Post Thanks / Like

I like deep water over channel swings or around bridge peirs. Minnows are usually the best. I went last weekend and caught all of the 9/12 inchers you could stand. Had a hard time catching keepers...You will catch some fish...maybe some whites too!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the reply. How deep were the fish?

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome aboard, tablerock. Don't get discouraged if it takes a while for the crappies to show up. Might have to fish different depths till you find them. Minnows work best.
    Good luck.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

I usually fish the same places I fish in the daytime, Bob is right it takes awhile for the shad to find the light but when they do it's non stop action. I have had so many shad around my boat the water looked black with them, looked like a shad nascar race around my boat.

Post Thanks / Like

Default stockton crappie light

lakeys bait at aldrich has nice shinners. Larry and crew are nice people to deal with. They dip not count.

Post Thanks / Like

Always thought it was better with very little or no moon and you should have that. Main lake points (water patrol likes to come say howdy if you don't have anchor light on) or larger creek channel swings, am not a bridge pier expert. Watch your electronics if you have them, concentrate your depth just above where you see individual fish marks. If you don't have electronics try 20-30. Minnows ((i hate em) are the only way to go this time of the year. It can take an hour or two to see what is drawn to your set up on any given night. Good things to take along; bug spray, pin lights/small flash lights to retie and extra batteries for them, ice (if you catch keepers), jumper cables. Measure closely if you keep fish, they check regularly at night.