Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down my little rant about kansas game warden

fishing kansas, a pleasure
    gas 60 dollars
    motel 120 dollars
    food 47 dollars
    bait 7 dollars
    licenses 44 dollars (est.

game warden telling me I get a ticket for not having a tossable life cusion then letting me use a life jacket as one not right

ticket 186 dollars

all in all a verry confusing situation,

gonna miss fishing kansas

once they get your number they wont leave you alone

Post Thanks / Like

Saw your first post, very confusing indeed. $186, holy cow, that's out of line for the nature of the infraction. Am a strong supporter of boating laws, wearing vests, throw cushions, etc, have no problem with any that but the way this one was applied is hard to find reasoning or logic for. OK Sir, we've caught you for speeding on the interstate, here's your ticket, its ok to still drive that fast just try not to look at the speedometer while you're doing it.???

Post Thanks / Like

beagle man, sorry for the bad weekend.Like I've always said, "Welcome to Kansas, turn your clocks back a thousand years". Don't understand the ticket at all, or the ridiculous amount. Did you BUY Kansas?

Post Thanks / Like

I can not see how they could fine you $186 dollars for not having a throwable and then tell you the extra life jacket counts as a throwable. Did you look up the regulations to determine if an extra life jacket can be considered a throwable? If it counts I would fight the ticket.

Post Thanks / Like

i don't think iv'e ever had a Game Warden also act as Water Patrol and check out the boat....most Wardens just want to check out the livewell....oh well Beagle, just stay in Missouri where your appriciated!!:D

Post Thanks / Like

I hate that you guys had a bad time with the law over there. I only live 5 miles from kansas and fish a couple lakes over there often. I do get checked over there more often than in mo but they are usually very nice and never have got a ticket and they have let me slide a few times. I guess you all just look like a bunch of outlaws!!! LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Come on beagle and tell the :o "WHOLE" :o story. <*)}}}><
    You'll see the difference,,,on the end of your line! PROUD MEMBER OF ​TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Would you have rather him tell you without a throwable you need to get off the water?

Post Thanks / Like

BEAGLE I UNDERSTAND THE RULES JUST AS YOU DO. BUT I STILL THINK YOU GOT SCREWED OVER BY A GAME WARDEN WANTING TO MAKE A POINT TO AN OUT OF STATE VISITOR. ALL I HOPE IS THAT HE KISSED YOU AFTER HE WAS DONE. I THINK THAT ONE GAME WARDEN HAS DONE ENOUGH TO HELP MISSOURI KEEP SALES TAX DOLLARS IN MISSOURI FOR A WHILE!

WITH WHAT I HAVE HEARD ABOUT THE TRIP TO KANSAS I THINK I AM JUST GOING TO STAY IN MISSOURI!

FROM THE KANSAS STATE WEBSITE:

•Boats 16 feet and longer, except canoes and kayaks, also must carry one Type IV throwable flotation device that is in serviceable condition and not in an enclosed compartment.

What is meant by readily accessible?

Readily accessible means the life jackets and flotation devices are plainly visible to the passengers, in an area that can be reached in an emergency without opening a compartment, wrapping material or reaching under part of the boat's hull to get them.

SO I GUESS YOU ARE SUPPOSE TO HOLD ON TO A FLOTATION DEVICE AS YOUR MOTORING ALONG IN YOUR BOAT AT TOP SPEED! I THINK THIS IS A BUNCH OF BS. I ALWAYS MAKE SURE ANYONE IN MY BOAT HAS A LIFE JACKET ON WHEN THE BOAT IS MOVING. I PERSONALLY PUT ON MY AUTO INFLATE VEST ON BEFORE I EVEN LAUNCH THE BOAT AND NEVER TAKE IT OFF UNTIL THE BOAT IS BACK ON THE TRAILER AND ON DRY GROUND! LOL I CAN'T SWIM SO I DON'T TAKE ANY CHANCES!

GLAD YOUR BACK BEAGLE KIND OF MISSED YOUR POSTS YOU OLD FART!

Post Thanks / Like

I had an encounter at Clinton lake several years ago with a Game Warden. I had been really catching the walleye and I had several family members with me. All of us were legally licensed. We all caught limits of nice walleye while a local was close but not close enough to the spot holding them. The next time we fished as I got to the spot form across the lake a boat made a beeline for us. It was the Game Warden he asked me if I had fished last weekend. Which I had. He then proceeded to check everything in my boat from the throw cushion to the fire extinguisher, licenses etc.. Even checked the length of the ruler I was measuring with.
    Finally I had had enough and began to question him what all this was about. He finally let it slip that someone had seen us keep short fish. I knew it could only have been one boat and I called him on it.He admitted that he was the local that complained and that he had been looking for me ever since. He even came aboard and looked through my storage compartments. I told him you can look anywhere you or your jealous friend wants you to look but you will never catch me with a short fish, its not worth the price.
    He also told me that they have the authority to check for adherence to boating laws as well, life jackets, horn etc..
    When he left I told him that when I saw his buddy was a jacka** and that he couldn't measure my fish from his boat 50 yards away.
    Sure left me with a bad taste in my mouth about the way Kansas treats its customers. I was guilty until proven innocent.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast