Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: a fish every 43 seconds

Post Thanks / Like

Default a fish every 43 seconds

Home « Sports « Minn. angler hopes to catch 2,000 fish in 24 hours
    Minn. angler hopes to catch 2,000 fish in 24 hours

Friday, July 10, 2009

While perusing through the latest outdoor news, I stumbled across an upcoming event which is unique.

The event involves fishing, breaking a current world record and, more importantly, helping raise awareness for a worthwhile military program. Jeff Kolodzinsky, also known as “Kolo,” aims to break a world record which he set last year by catching 2,000 fish in a 24-hour period.

This is more fish than many anglers catch in their lifetime.

Can a person really catch that many fish in such a short period on pole and line? Well if anyone can, it’s Kolodzinsky.

Last year, he set the reigning record by catching 1,680 fish in 24 hours from the docks of Maynard’s Restaurant on Lake Minnetonka in Minnesota. That’s an average of one fish caught every 52 seconds, continuously for 24 hours

Kolo will begin casting for panfish, bass and whatever else will take his bait at 7:30 a.m. on Friday, July 31st. He’ll continue fishing for a full 24 hours, and if the fish are cooperating and he doesn’t collapse, he might just shatter his existing world record.

Kolo is known for his precision and unusual European shore casting tactics. Those who watched him set the current world record claim he is an artist with a fishing pole.

Kolo will need every edge possible as he’ll have to improve his catch rate to an average of one fish every 43.2 seconds to accomplish his goal of 2,000 fish in 24 hours.

Kolodzinsky, who is the V.P. of Marketing for Frabill, one of the nation’s largest fishing product manufacturers, is attempting this feat in an effort to raise awareness for a program called “Armed Forces Family Fishing Celebration.”

This concept behind this program is also unique.

The non-profit organization Fishing For Life (FFL) based in Minnesota is the machine behind this exceptional idea. The Armed Forces Family Fishing Celebration offers a day of fishing for youth who have a parent serving overseas and families with a member who has recently returned from deployment.

Kolo, who’s also earned the title of “Marathon Man,” summed it up best when he said, “I am honored to contribute my time and rather whacky talent for these kids to have a day that celebrates fishing and honors their parents and the huge sacrifices they make on a daily basis.”

Outdoors writer Jeff Leonard can be reached at [email protected]
    Last edited by cook; 07-20-2009 at 04:11 AM.

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

All I can say is WOW!That's ALOT of fish to catch in just 24 hours. This is one of them examples where you just gotta see it to believe it I guess.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

I just hope I can catch 2000 fish in the next 10 years.
    Just hanging out, like a rusty fish hook