Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Ok all you Toronto Guys

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ok all you Toronto Guys

Sorry I didnt get to meet most of the group at the camp. We got a late start. We didnt even get down until 1:30 on Sat. I saw the Big white Boat & Mo Quack at the Motel. The kid didnt want to stop he had fish to catch. So we headed to the lake. Stayed until 4:30 maybe 5 pm. Headed back to town, we were HUNGRY stopped at Sub Way had plans to stop and see what everyone had done? But since the boy did not get his fish catching pains solved. We headed north for Melvern for some night fishing. Done ok there, Sun. morning we started back but stopped short again. He wanted to see what Coffee County was like. He had heard me talk about it. So we stayed there most of the day. I had never seen it so calm before ever.

We had a great day there, we caught over 25 Smallmouths in about 3 hrs of casting road runners up on the rock banks. Biggest was around 2-1/2lbs. he hit a crawdad colored crankbait as soon as it hit the water.

Around 10 or so we headed for the timber down south. We should have went straight there. The kid caught his biggest Crappie to date 16"er it was one thick Crappie. Thicker than most at Truman. He hung another, bigger than that one, but he couldnt keep it out of the cedar tree. It came off and man did he throw a fit. He is so like me lol. I bet it was very near 3lbs.

Ok now for Toronto Lake........I have a few questions for you.

1. Tell me that was not a normal trip for ya'll?
    2. Tell me that is not the color that ya'll normally catch fish in?
    3. Tell me just what in the Good Lords name was all those Crazy watertubers, jet ski morons, water skiing idiots doing on THAT Lake in 4 freaking fow with kids trying to make them fall back into that nasty water? LOL
    4. I was worried to death that I would impale the hull out of the boat in the middle of the lake. I was shocked that it took me 2 hrs to find 10 fow.
    5. Just losing tackle was the other lake any better? I started to follow you but saw the gravel road and said no way.
    6. As for G.W. I was at the ramp chatting with Pole Bender & JL Tackle when I hear a jet ski. Nothing new but it kept coming closer and closer. I was just getting ready stand up and start hollering when I saw the gun. I told the kid to jump up quick and get those jackets out. We had just put in and the motor was not even down yet since it was only 9" deep at the ramp. But I knew we needed to stop talking and get them out quick. He saw me stand up with them in my hand. He did a hald arse wave and boom was gone.
    7. Never saw a Crappie caught, the boy did catch a whopper White Bass that tried like heck to get him wound up in the trees.
    8. May not have caught any Crappie, but man those bass in that Lake sure like a Chartruse Bandit being pulled in front of them. We flat wore them out.
    9. If you all say that was not normal conditions I might make a trip back down, maybe.
    10. Does the state of Kansas have a law aginst Bait Stores? I mean do the charge those poor folks some kind of tax comparable to Liquor? I found one bait store north of burlington. He was closing, did not sell any liscenses, had to go to the hardware store to get that. So we couldnt go back in the morning since he only opened at 9 am...............

Let me hear about it please?

Lee

Post Thanks / Like

I was wondering bout all those crazy people skiing ang a wakeboard jumping waves if he would have flew off I think he may have got stuck in the mud

Post Thanks / Like

Default Toronto won

Lee I was already headed home by noon on Saturday but we fished sun up to sun down Friday and the bite just wasn't there. There were bait shops around the lake but they didn't open till 7. Met some great guy's and hope to try it again when the water is up a touch. Coffey county is also on the list. Was it crowded and was it must hastle getting on the water? Here was our best. I got to net em.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    2014 Crappie Masters Mark Twain Champion
    2 time CDC Truman Lake series points champion

Post Thanks / Like

mike thats a good lookin fish !! where did ya catch that ?? truman ? oh no wait TORONTO KS. (LMAO) WTG MIKE it was nice meeting ya and your little buddy , hope to do it again soon
    Supreme Leader of the Missouri Crappie Militia.........

Post Thanks / Like

Ranger, I did see one bait store most of the stuff I put on the list was kinda tongue in cheek. But yes they did not open til 7am and on Sun not until 9 am. I am sure we might have caught a few more with live bait.

As for Coffe County. There is no hassles. There was only 4 boats there including mine. Only hassle is having to wear a life jacket the whole time your on the water. That sucks especially when it is hot. Granted you can spend the money for the Mustang inflatables but I did not have them, and wasn't spending the money just for a trip there every once in awhile.

Coffee County in oppinion is better with live bait just because it is so stinking clear, light line helps too. We have a blast there every time we go. It is basically a throphy only lake, so dont plan on keeping anything much unless its BIG. If it is windy DO NOT GO enough said.

Lee

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LeeinMo View Post
    Sorry I didnt get to meet most of the group at the camp. We got a late start. We didnt even get down until 1:30 on Sat. I saw the Big white Boat & Mo Quack at the Motel. The kid didnt want to stop he had fish to catch. So we headed to the lake. Stayed until 4:30 maybe 5 pm. Headed back to town, we were HUNGRY stopped at Sub Way had plans to stop and see what everyone had done? But since the boy did not get his fish catching pains solved. We headed north for Melvern for some night fishing. Done ok there, Sun. morning we started back but stopped short again. He wanted to see what Coffee County was like. He had heard me talk about it. So we stayed there most of the day. I had never seen it so calm before ever.

We had a great day there, we caught over 25 Smallmouths in about 3 hrs of casting road runners up on the rock banks. Biggest was around 2-1/2lbs. he hit a crawdad colored crankbait as soon as it hit the water.

Around 10 or so we headed for the timber down south. We should have went straight there. The kid caught his biggest Crappie to date 16"er it was one thick Crappie. Thicker than most at Truman. He hung another, bigger than that one, but he couldnt keep it out of the cedar tree. It came off and man did he throw a fit. He is so like me lol. I bet it was very near 3lbs.

Ok now for Toronto Lake........I have a few questions for you.

1. Tell me that was not a normal trip for ya'll?
    2. Tell me that is not the color that ya'll normally catch fish in?
    3. Tell me just what in the Good Lords name was all those Crazy watertubers, jet ski morons, water skiing idiots doing on THAT Lake in 4 freaking fow with kids trying to make them fall back into that nasty water? LOL
    4. I was worried to death that I would impale the hull out of the boat in the middle of the lake. I was shocked that it took me 2 hrs to find 10 fow.
    5. Just losing tackle was the other lake any better? I started to follow you but saw the gravel road and said no way.
    6. As for G.W. I was at the ramp chatting with Pole Bender & JL Tackle when I hear a jet ski. Nothing new but it kept coming closer and closer. I was just getting ready stand up and start hollering when I saw the gun. I told the kid to jump up quick and get those jackets out. We had just put in and the motor was not even down yet since it was only 9" deep at the ramp. But I knew we needed to stop talking and get them out quick. He saw me stand up with them in my hand. He did a hald arse wave and boom was gone.
    7. Never saw a Crappie caught, the boy did catch a whopper White Bass that tried like heck to get him wound up in the trees.
    8. May not have caught any Crappie, but man those bass in that Lake sure like a Chartruse Bandit being pulled in front of them. We flat wore them out.
    9. If you all say that was not normal conditions I might make a trip back down, maybe.
    10. Does the state of Kansas have a law aginst Bait Stores? I mean do the charge those poor folks some kind of tax comparable to Liquor? I found one bait store north of burlington. He was closing, did not sell any liscenses, had to go to the hardware store to get that. So we couldnt go back in the morning since he only opened at 9 am...............

Let me hear about it please?

Lee
    Lee, we went to Woodson and the water was much cleaner. We did catch some shorts. It is a small no-wake lake. We did get hot and jump in the water to cool off. Funniest home video would have loved to see my fat a$$ trying to climb up in Bender's bass boat in my skivvies. As far as Toronto, i did see Bob's fish, what a pig. But that lake was really strange. I am from Texas so the color was familiar, but the depth was crazy. We were churning mud 1/2 the time we were there. And the game Warden stuff was ridiculous. If they do not want us there, then we will not go.

Beagle, I can't believe that ticket is that much. I sure hate to hear that.

Great meeting you guys and thanks for the conversations. I must admit, it was quite the ride home Saturday night. thanks to Bender for putting up with me.

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Normal Toronto trip for me (theres only been one), wind speed 420mph. Lake level, LOW.
    Crappie bite- non exsistant. Headed over to Woodson. Caught a few crappie. Spent alot of time throwing beer to Slayer, Baller, and Bwillaub. Great company, not so great fishing.

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

not a normal trip for me. but that's fishing
    why do today what you can put off til tomorrow, go fishing instead!!!