Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: A "Grand" whippin' today

Post Thanks / Like

Default A "Grand" whippin' today

Cooper Creek around 10:00, ran down lake and saw a shiny diamond at the mouth of Otter and thought someone had beat OSS to the punch but see on his post he's put out the beacon for us. Finally realized the ole girl had my number around 5:00, ended with 5 keepers 10", nothing over 11 1/2", best fish was a black. Never caught a keeper above Otter, fish from 5-8' in trees 15" or less. Plastics, color I can't tell you I know enough to recommend one but any combo of chartreuse seemed best at least. Had trouble getting them to the top of the water they were buried so deep in cover. I thought it was a tough bite but dang it was a pretty day no doubt.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like the Grand is getting even with us. After Oss & Ron put a whippin on it all year the Grand is giveing us a taste of no bite.

Post Thanks / Like

Still a great day to be on the water fish or no fish for this time of the year. You'll put it on them next time!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Just Jiggin View Post
    Sounds like the Grand is getting even with us. After Oss & Ron put a whippin on it all year the Grand is giveing us a taste of no bite.
    Far be it from me to complain, the Grand has been incredible this year. Give the rest of the lake a chance to catch up.

Post Thanks / Like

Fished Truman on Sunday, and it was terrible! We must have been in the orchestra area and in particular the DRUM SECTION! 3 crappies, all dinks and 5 drum! That and getting hung up on stumps. Glad it was a beautiful day, and good job to those of you that found them. (And yes, we tried EVERYTHING!!)

Post Thanks / Like

Like you said..."dang it was a pretty day" Most enjoyable day I have had for a while
    Crappie.......its whats for dinner!!