Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hogans creek

Post Thanks / Like

Default hogans creek

went to hogans and wore out some slabs..had 8 fish over 13 inches and a 14.5 and a 15.5 monster.all were white crappie caught on a 16 oz weedless painted orange and a 3 inch yum wooly beavertail..my favorite bait for down there..we ended up with 65 keepers over 11 inches that day..went back on Wed. night at 4 30 and only caught a couple tater chips..around 8 00 we went into Tanners and fished the bridge pilings and caught 30 fish in the 11 to 13 inch range..went back Sat. and only caught a few keepers all day..man that was a doozy of a cold front..if any one goes down don't be afraid to fish 2 foot of water but most are in the 4 to 8 foot range.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to see you had some luck. Troy catch all the fish again:D His back is getting tired carrying you at fishing and CORNHOLE, YOU RAGARM

Post Thanks / Like

Hey T-Bone sounds like you're doing pretty good. What kind of jig head you using? I've been looking for something weedless. Where did you get them? I've been wanting to give Hogans a try and just haven't had the time. Maybe this weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

i bouy them by the 100 from Mike Poling.25 dollars but they have gold hooks with the longer shank..i paint all my jigheads with vinyl paint.one coat white then color and paint some eyes..i need to buy some soon so if you want some just call me at 276 8158.

Post Thanks / Like

if mike don't want to make them try ...
    Crappie Plus
    211 Carriage ct.
    Lee's Summit, Missouri 64064
    816-373 2704

made to order $17 /100 my last oder in 2008
    J.I.L. <*)}}}><

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice report Tbone, I was thinking of trying Hogans or Straight creek. EF has been to good to me this summer to go anywhere else.
    I have ordered jigs from the place Yates mentioned and they were top of the line.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Tbone, maybe next post you could include some pics.....you know, in case you miscount or something. You're killing me! I'm stuck at home and you're catching crappie 2 feet deep.

Crappiemax, If not Mike try to PM Grousefly on here, Paul Mullins. I have ordered a lot of jigheads from him and he always does a nice job with quick turn-around. Mike's local though, and a good guy, so I'd try him first. Anybody know how Mike is doing by the way? Haven't seen him around much.
    Bob's Jigs Prostaff
    www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

i like the ones Yates gets but they are not the long shank or gold hook (will not rust) but not sure if you get order em that way or not..Hey Speck,most of em came 4 to 8 foot deep..

Post Thanks / Like

Hey T-Bone, could you order me a 100. Just let me know when you get them. I like the idea of the longer shank. I also like buying local. If there's a problem let me know.
    I use a bigger hook (3/0) on 1/16 on YUM crawpaps for smallies when I go to WV in Sept. but they aren't weedless. It's the trick when nothing else is working.
    Funny you mentioned orange head, I've been using orange/chart tubes this year with pretty good success.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Color of Beavertail?

What was the color of the beavertail?
    Bassky

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast