Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: A wife needs some help on fishing info

Post Thanks / Like

Default A wife needs some help on fishing info

I found my husbands log in for this site and I have a question if you guys can help me. I want to surprise him and take him to truman lake this week for our anniversary. Can you tell me some better areas to put in and what the fish are doing where we can do alright for crappie. We fish Lake of the Ozarks alot but hes always wanted to go over there and fish. Also can you reccomend some good places to stay that maybe close to better ramps or places that have marinas. I want to be able to make it a good trip for him and catch some fish. I apprecitae it, hes out of town for work right now so I know he wont see me put this up on here.

Post Thanks / Like

best advice I can give and it's limited is call bucksaw marina, it's a full service marina, 660-477-3900 they can answer all your questions,

Post Thanks / Like

If you don't think he would disagree with my way of thinking, stay near Bucksaw and hire one of their guides, even if only for a half-day. Let the guide know what your intent is and I'm betting he will help you out, there is more of a guarantee of having funad and catching fish AND learning the lake this way at not a huge expense.

Bulletman
    Bulletman aka Tommy

Post Thanks / Like

Probably not a bad idea using a guide for a few hours, I think Richard is a good guy and guide. The JJ's have used him quite a bit and can probably give a reference. Bucksaw is proabably a good place to be though. I've stayed at their lodge up the hill quite a few times for tournaments and my only complaint is the cleanliness of the rooms. Sometimes it doesn't appear that they change the linen on the beds, but by the time I get in there I'm beat and ready to go to sleep.

Post Thanks / Like

The crew at Bucksaw is the best on the water. The lodge at bucksaw is ok but not great. The rooms are average at best. The fishing knowledge is as good as it gets. If you want to do a gude Richard is the best on the lake.
    If you want to go it on your own , the last 2 trips we have made is Long Shoal area is good fishing & we fished the Osage Bluff Pome River today & caught a lot of fish & the water is as good as I've seen it in a long time . Other thjan staying at Bucksaw we camp when we go for a weekend. Good luck & hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like

sounds like cmcduck is a LUCKY DUCK!!!! what a wife!!!!! thats great!!!!!!! even if you dont find the right accomodations I `m sure your hubby will be thrilled anyway!
    ugliest crappie you ever seen

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyLaw View Post
    sounds like cmcduck is a LUCKY DUCK!!!! what a wife!!!!! thats great!!!!!!! even if you dont find the right accomodations I `m sure your hubby will be thrilled anyway!
    I agree! My wife might have THOUGHT of this, but NEVER arranged it for me! She probably figures I already fish enough as it is.:o
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Default what would be neat

If you could do this anniv. thing this coming weekend, You could come over to the sparrowfoot ramp meet a lot of us and I know one or more really good guys that will put you and hubby on some nice fish........ Just a cdc thought......
    Last edited by olesilverside; 07-20-2009 at 06:51 AM.
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Monty is right show up at sparrowfoot ramp on Sat. morning and meet the gang. If you decide to hire a guide do it out of Bucksaw. Richard or Brad will put you on some fish.