Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The house for Service Members and Vets as of now

Post Thanks / Like

Default The house for Service Members and Vets as of now

Here are some pics of the house I have been given the opportunity to buy to put the Service Members and Veterans in for free when they come up to hunt for free. There is a lot of work to do on the house but it is worth it.
    This is the front of the house:

The back. Notice the pile of dirt. I had to do a little plumbing:

South side. This is where the hole is thru the roof on the roll roofing part. Will be replacing the decking, and roll roofing and putting metal on as well as replacing the ceiling in that room:

North side. The part with the roll roofing on there is the bathroom. It will also be replaced with metal:

Living room:

One of the 2 bedrooms. I havent had the chance to clean this up yet. It needs paint BAD but is solid:

The kitchen. The whole inside of the house will be getting painted soon I hope. When I get the paint:

Bathroom. The bathtub and comode and sink were brown until I cleaned them:

Most messed up thing about the whole house. Notice where they put the hot water heater:

The other bedroom:

Where the ceiling is messed up where the limb went thru thr roll roofing part in the other bedroom:
    Soldiers and Firefighters. Some people were meant to call 911, Some were meant to BE 911

PawPaw Gene is offline Crappie.com 2012 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

With a little work it will make a great retreat. Thanks for helping our service men enjoy what many take for granted.

"gene"

"G" Gone but not forgotten!!

Post Thanks / Like

I started tearing out the ceiling where the hole is and discovered that it isnt where a limb went thru the roof. Something ate thru it in 2 places but I did find out that I dont need to get all new plywood for the roof, just 2 1x6's or 1x8's. I thought I was going to have to replace the whoe roof with plywood so that was good news. Just need the metal roofing, the felt for under it, and the sheetrock for the ceiling inside so I got pretty lucky. I didnt fing the culpret that ate thru the roof but found an old nest with tons of limbs in it but it hasnt been used in a good while.
    Soldiers and Firefighters. Some people were meant to call 911, Some were meant to BE 911

Post Thanks / Like

FO4, looks like it's gonna take some work, but for what you are going to be using it for it will all be work that is well appreciated.
    Goodnight Vienna...Pistols Firing!!!

Post Thanks / Like

You are very right zinsurance

PawPaw Gene is offline Crappie.com 2012 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Squirrels did that to a old house I once bought. Wish I was closer, I'd chip in with the work.

"gene"
    "G" Gone but not forgotten!!

Post Thanks / Like

I pick the metal for the roof today. Going to get started soon but not when its 108 here like it has been lately lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Finally got the front bedroom scraped, taped, and primed. Now am working on the kitchen. It is very time consuming. Finally had to put me a radio in there because it only takes me a minute to get tired of my singing lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Got the kitchen primed and the front bedroom painted finally. Going to Lubbock today to get some edging for the metal roofing I am putting on the bedroom and bathroom. Also picking up some 1x8s to replace where the squirrels ate thru as well as some sheetrock to replace the ceiling in the back bedroom and some tape and mud to texture it. Money money money. Breaking my rear but I love it and have the Wifes Support. Heres a before and after of the bedroom:

Post Thanks / Like

Finally got the kitchen painted today. Also looks like I may be getting my tax free status finally. Here are a couple of before and after pics:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast