Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Guntersville been a little slow!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Guntersville been a little slow!!!

The last couple times i,ve went the bite has slowed up for us We,ve been fishing at night & have 8 & 10# test line think maybe i should go back to 4# to see if the bite will pick up. I also have a couple spots that i fixed up some (pvc structure) last year we caught fish there until august. Think i,ll try these spots in the early morning hours the sun doesn,t become a factor till around 11 o,clock:D May wait till after the holiday traffic clears out first though, might ride out in the lake & watch the fireworks with the wife.

Hope everyone has a happy & safe 4th of july.:D
    P.S. Watch out for all the drunks & if,n your going to drink remember the "MAN" will be out in force this weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by i-catch-cartags View Post
    The last couple times i,ve went the bite has slowed up for us We,ve been fishing at night & have 8 & 10# test line think maybe i should go back to 4# to see if the bite will pick up. I also have a couple spots that i fixed up some (pvc structure) last year we caught fish there until august. Think i,ll try these spots in the early morning hours the sun doesn,t become a factor till around 11 o,clock:D May wait till after the holiday traffic clears out first though, might ride out in the lake & watch the fireworks with the wife.

Hope everyone has a happy & safe 4th of july.:D
    P.S. Watch out for all the drunks & if,n your going to drink remember the "MAN" will be out in force this weekend.
    We're fishing Beaver Dam again tomorrow, our 2nd try, so we'll see how it goes. Saturday we are gonna do some saltwater fishing as we are having a cookout at my sisters and she lives on the water. Gonna fish for bait fish for our offshore trips, croakers and spot and whatever else bites. Hope you and the wife get to get out and catch some. Have a great 4th!
    "Fletch had a catch of a lifetime and he was even standing up when he caught it!:p"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappie12 View Post
    We're fishing Beaver Dam again tomorrow, our 2nd try, so we'll see how it goes. Saturday we are gonna do some saltwater fishing as we are having a cookout at my sisters and she lives on the water. Gonna fish for bait fish for our offshore trips, croakers and spot and whatever else bites. Hope you and the wife get to get out and catch some. Have a great 4th!
    Thanks C-12 hope you & Fletcher do good just be careful out there. I saw some guys on tv salt fishing the other day & thought about you & fletch think they were catch,n grouper man those things were huge:D

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by i-catch-cartags View Post
    Thanks C-12 hope you & Fletcher do good just be careful out there. I saw some guys on tv salt fishing the other day & thought about you & fletch think they were catch,n grouper man those things were huge:D
    We are always careful Cartags. That's one thing I will say, we have both lived here our whole lives and we both respect the water. He has more experience on it than me, but we have been in some situations where I have been saying my prayers on the way in. I have a tremendous respect for it. We have caught a few grouper, but probably not like the ones you saw, the ones we catch up here are only around 60 lbs at the most. I'm sure the ones you saw were down there by the Gulf were hogs, weren't they?
    "Fletch had a catch of a lifetime and he was even standing up when he caught it!:p"