Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Boat Insurance

Post Thanks / Like

Default Boat Insurance

How many of you all carry insurance on yer boats and why?

I dont recall ever seeing any law that requires boat insurance coverage in Missouri.

For those that dont......are you concerned about accidental death or injury claims against you in the event of an accident???? Or do you have some sort of other insurance policy that covers you for being sued?

Somethin to think about with all the crazys (not Krazys) out there.
    Progressive Marine Insurance SUCKS!. If you hit a submerged object they will try to prove manufacturers defect....stay away from them.

Post Thanks / Like

I have insurance on boat and contents. Also carry liability.
    2014 Crappie Masters Mark Twain Champion
    2 time CDC Truman Lake series points champion

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have it and for a lot more than what the boat and contents are worth. A lot of tournament require liability but have never been asked to see it.

Post Thanks / Like

I have it but hope I never need it.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

have it on boat and liability, $90 a year, a must if you carry passengers.

Post Thanks / Like

I carry boat insurance for the replacement value of the boat. Plus some tournaments require it like Mid States out of Smithville Marine. Also I have used mine on several occasion for replacing lower units and fiberglass repairs from hitting stumps on Truman and Smithville. They have paid out more in claims than I have paid towards the policy. Although the older I get the less I use it. Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Default boat insurance

have run boats for over 30yrs. no claims untill mar 09. over 3K. Dontleave home with out it.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Have And Used It Once

CAUGHT ONE OF THEM TALLY BEND STUMPS AND SHEARED THE LOWER END OFF,,,,,, $2000 REPAIR, AND I PAY $200 A YEAR FOR GOOD INSURANCE, REPLACEMENT TYPE....... DON'T LEAVE HOUSE WITHOUT IT.......... NEVER KNOW..........
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

Got my loan for my boat through State Farm Insurance, thats why I have insurance on my boat. It's the first boat I have had insurance on so I don't check the rear view mirror as much to see if it still there

Post Thanks / Like

I have boat insurance by adding the boat to my homeowner's policy. It provides me coverage on the hull and motor, and specified limits on other stuff in the boat, trolling motor, electronics, gear, etc. The liability coverage is rolled into my homeowner's policy. The property portion insures me against collision with underwater objects, such as stumps, submerged buoys in the Missouri river, and all the other crap you can hit, that results in damage. A marine mechanic can tell if your lower unit froze up and cracked as a result of hitting something, with water getting in the lower unit, and it can mean you're covered, long after the fact when big repairs are necessary. Being out on the Missouri river alot, or being in brush infested waters, I've always thought that I was money ahead to have the coverage. I think it costs me about $100 per year, and if that's the case, I'm way ahead. I hit a limb in the Missouri and shucked a power head - cost me $100 deductible and cost the insurance company a few thousand. I whacked a submerged buoy on time and shucked the lower unit and prop. Cost me $100 again, and the company never picked up the salvage. I put $100 into fixing the stainless steel prop, and now I have a spare. It's probably like that prophylactic in your wallet. Better to have and not need, than to need and not have.
    Jim - Have boat - will travel.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast