Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Truman Osage Arm Sunday Afternoon

Post Thanks / Like

Default Truman Osage Arm Sunday Afternoon

If you're looking for solitude and your choice of where to fish now might be the time to hit the Osage. Couldn't put in till noon, fished till 6:00, didn't catch a keeper the last hour. Counted 13 between 10-12" and maybe twice that many shorter. Nothing spectacular on the size or numbers but the weather was nice and the peace and quiet was worth the trip. Ran a lot, looked for new spots a lot and generally enjoyed a fantastic afternoon. Only thing if a guy had boat problems you would have been on your own. Most keepers from cedars, fortunately there's no shortage in that area. Jigs only, no minnows, black/chart, orange/chart, chart/white, fish caught from 6-10' of water over 12-20'. Water is most off color at Berry, it got progressively better from there to Wright Creek, seems to be clearing from above but wouldn't call any of it unfishable.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a good day. I have been fishing new areas also. Just been looking at a map and matching new areas with what looks like areas I always fish. It is great when you can go find fish in new areas.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Nice Report

Would Like To See The Osage Clear Up A Bit More In The Berry Bend Area..... Thanks For The Report Kaz.........
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

ditto what OSS said. thanks KAZ
    Why do I have to press 1 for English?

Post Thanks / Like

peace and quiet sounds great to me congrats on a good day

Post Thanks / Like

OSS, they aren't running a lot of water thru but enough to make a difference, should start settling out. Water color around ZZ bridge area and above was great although actually caught more fish from there down. May run to Tally next time to check it out. It was sure different to not see any boats.

Jigging 15, would rather catch one fish from a new spot than 5 from one I've fished before. If I get lucky enough to find multiple fish in a spot after I've caught three or four will leave it to look for something else. Call me strange I guess.

Camo, you welcome sir, Beagle it was nice if hadn't caught a single fish.
    Last edited by kazualobzerver; 06-29-2009 at 09:03 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

We drove down to Berry bend early on Saturday morning and the water was CHOCOLATE at best. We made a U turn and headed to Bucksaw. The water at the ramp at Berry Bend was the dirtiest I've ever seen at Truman. UGH!

We have no trouble at all with excess boaters or joy riders when we are on the Osage. Very different than the Grand Arm!!!!